What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

This arrived a few days ago. Did a bit of a pre break in and now it question up for tomorrow’s shave
image.jpg

My Most epic mail call ever: The Eagle has landed in texas!!!!!!!!! [emoji1430][emoji1430][emoji1430][emoji1431][emoji1431]
Im too shock/in awe to even type my first impressions in a coherent way, so I will default to just show you the pics (new and after 1 test lather).
Will post a brief first impressions later this week.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My Most epic mail call ever: The Eagle has landed in texas!!!!!!!!! [emoji1430][emoji1430][emoji1430][emoji1431][emoji1431]
Im too shock/in awe to even type my first impressions in a coherent way, so I will default to just show you the pics (new and after 1 test lather).
Will post a brief first impressions later this week.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wow
Helluva bloom! Quite stunning

yes! its HUGE (even slighty bigger than my mozingo ZT3, which was already my biggest 28mm brush ever)

You know what... at least from where
I’m sitting it recalls those megablooming Leonhardy 7000-series brushes, which to me is a great thing. And it appears dense enough to sport some decent backbone. Looks like you scored yourself a winner 🏆

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Upon coming home from vacation two new brushes were waiting for me.

9-14-20.New.RudyVey.IBO.640.JPG

This is my brand new (never wet) Rudy Vey IBO 2 band.

9-14-20.IBO.New.RV.480.JPG9-14-20.RudyVey.IBO.New.480.JPG

Next up: A new unbleached Zenith boar.

9-14-20.Unbleached.Zenith.Wood.640.JPG

9-14-20.New.Unbleached.Boar.Zenith.640.Wood.JPG

The unbleached Zenith boar I've been using has been great and I'm very excited to get a second unbleached ^ Zenith boar.

4-16-20.ZenUnbeachedBoar.Vitos.OC.Fatip.Slant.640.JPG

This ^ is the unbleached I've had for months.

Happy shaves,

Jim

The Semogue Siblings Saga

SOC boar in cherry and ash

Ordered from the Portuguese Factory website May 31. Promptly shipped, and they even flew across the Atlantic in June. Then the USPS failed to deliver them and sent them back to Portugal before I could intervene!

Great and caring customer service from the Portuguese Factory proprietors - they reshipped on July 14 even before the first package was returned to them. But by then the pandemic had frozen up the Portuguese postal service.

Arrived Jamaica, NY on September 17.
On my doorstep today, September 19.
6B45BBBF-4C65-41F7-AC26-E95B8D7B7F1C.jpeg

Top Bottom