Fumbling about.
APShave.Brush.Gel.640.10-14-19.JPG

AP Shave Co. 28mm. Gel.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Great get, I think you will love it.
Happy shaves
SMURF

Thanks. I suspect you're right. I'll probably find out in the morning.

Dang. How thick do you like your brushes cause that brush is extra thick.

I've not measured it I just measured it with my office calipers. It is by my measurement 30 mm. The vendor says it's 28 mm.

MS.30mm.Old.New.ToiletPaperRoll.640.5-18.JPG

These two Maseto (MS) silvertips are 33 mm by my measurement and 30 mm by the vendor's. The one on the left isn't new; it was dried in the toilet paper tube so it looks new.

Zenith.Copper.Manchurian.3-6-19.jpeg

I've not measured this copper handled Zenith Manchurian, but the vendor says it's 28 mm.

Other than occasionally using the Omega Mighty Midget or Mixed Midget I seldom use brushes with knots smaller than 24 mm.

APShaveCo.ZenithManchurian.MS30mm.640.10-14-19.JPG

This photo shows the Zenith Manchurian, the APShave newbie, and the MS 30 mm silvertip. The two on the ends were dried in toilet paper tubes so I could compare how they looked new (more or less) with how the APShave brush which is new looks. In size mostly.

In other words, I like big knots.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
Thanks. I suspect you're right. I'll probably find out in the morning.

I've not measured it I just measured it with my office calipers. It is by my measurement 30 mm. The vendor says it's 28 mm.

View attachment 1025965

These two Maseto (MS) silvertips are 33 mm by my measurement and 30 mm by the vendor's. The one on the left isn't new; it was dried in the toilet paper tube so it looks new.

View attachment 1025966

I've not measured this copper handled Zenith Manchurian, but the vendor says it's 28 mm.

Other than occasionally using the Omega Mighty Midget or Mixed Midget I seldom use brushes with knots smaller than 24 mm.

View attachment 1026036

This photo shows the Zenith Manchurian, the APShave newbie, and the MS 30 mm silvertip. The two on the ends were dried in toilet paper tubes so I could compare how they looked new (more or less) with how the APShave brush which is new looks. In size mostly.

In other words, I like big knots.

Happy shaves,

Jim

That Zenith handle is outstanding.

I got my Grizzly Bay handle and it is gorgeous. I love it. It has such depth.
20191015_203721.jpg
20191015_203713.jpg

Can't wait to get the knot so I can set it.
Happy shaves
SMURF

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Nice brushes, Gents. I have not had a look in here for a little while. Some truly amazing brushes, congratulations to all of you.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
@Chan Eil Whiskers how are you liking the gelousy knot?
Happy shaves
Smurf

I don't like it. It doesn't load well. It doesn't lather well.

10-18-19.ERN.DB.APS.640.Kit..JPG

It's soft. It's big. I like the handle.

That's after only two uses of it, but I've not used any other badger or boar (other than the Thater Premium Boar) which was this unimpressive after a couple of shaves. I've also not used any other gel knot. Maybe it will improve?

Happy shaves,

Jim

I don't like it. It doesn't load well. It doesn't lather well.

View attachment 1027475

It's soft. It's big. I like the handle.

That's after only two uses of it, but I've not used any other badger or boar (other than the Thater Premium Boar) which was this unimpressive after a couple of shaves. I've also not used any other gel knot. Maybe it will improve?

Happy shaves,

Jim
I hate to hear that. It does require more load time. In my experience with DB it did not load as good with a badger as it does with a synthetic. I have several gel knot and it seems like all of them need more loading. Maybe it will get better for you.
Happy shaves
Smurf

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I hate to hear that. It does require more load time. In my experience with DB it did not load as good with a badger as it does with a synthetic. I have several gel knot and it seems like all of them need more loading. Maybe it will get better for you.
Happy shaves
Smurf

Thanks. I've not abandoned it, and I'm hopeful.

Top Bottom