What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
RazoRock Butterscotch Beehive (28mm Plissoft knot)
20201015_125056~2.jpg
20201015_125020~2.jpg

PAA Solar Flare 24mm Hybrid Synthetic
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I recently bought a new 24 Green Ray from PAA, man let me tell you, I thought it was BS when I read about how th knot was the softest etc.......no BS very soft indeed! I'm a big fan, makes a great lather, has a good feel, and the handle has a nice almost "sticky" feel to it. Great brush for the money, really overlooked here by the shaving community, and kind of a nice little hidden secret to those that have pulled the trigger.

I recently bought a new 24 Green Ray from PAA, man let me tell you, I thought it was BS when I read about how th knot was the softest etc.......no BS very soft indeed! I'm a big fan, makes a great lather, has a good feel, and the handle has a nice almost "sticky" feel to it. Great brush for the money, really overlooked here by the shaving community, and kind of a nice little hidden secret to those that have pulled the trigger.
Yes. I've got the Starcraft as well. It's awesome, too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

we should add a subpage to the Phoenix Artisan fan club for the brushes.......seems like it's a growing community and there are more and more people that are buying these things.

View attachment 1171558

A new brush for home and travel. A very dense knot, denser than a Duke but not quite Chubby level dense. Looks a nice example of Best on first inspection, with no prickle and plenty of backbone.
I have this brush as my travel. It’s fantastic. It blooms up pretty big and it’s nice to have a decent size on the road. If you ever have to pack up in a hurry, just hit it with a blow drier and your good to go in minutes.

Brush den complete! A lovely example of Simpson Manchurian just arrived. Soft tips, zero scritch, springy backbone and even a bit of splay on this one. I’ve never seen so much splay in a Manchurian and it was a welcome surprise. The added splay leads to an immersive face feel better lather generation, bloom, and lather holding. She dropped a few loose hairs in the test lather and has been golden ever since. A nice symmetrical hydrid tending I think a little towards the bulb (my personal favorite). Nice colouring too. Dark darks and long bright whites. I’m very happy with this one so far.

The brush self is now officially full and I’m onto other disorders.

4CD81597-2590-4164-9263-FFE8445D27DF.jpeg

Last edited:
Brush Acquisition Disorder hit pretty hard this past month. Of these new brushes, I have used the Chubby 2 in Best and Super and the T1 in 2 band silvertip. Still need to try out the D3 in Silvertip and the M7 in Manchurian. I must say the D3 is a little smaller in the hand than I had anticipated. Also the Silvertip hair on the T1 is superb. If everything works out as predicted, I may need to add the Chubby 2 in 2 Band silvertip to the collection

IMG_0831.jpg

dude that's a serious pull for brushes........you have more brushes in one drop then I may ever have in a lifetime, I don't even know what to make of that......impressive.

Brush Acquisition Disorder hit pretty hard this past month. Of these new brushes, I have used the Chubby 2 in Best and Super and the T1 in 2 band silvertip. Still need to try out the D3 in Silvertip and the M7 in Manchurian. I must say the D3 is a little smaller in the hand than I had anticipated. Also the Silvertip hair on the T1 is superb. If everything works out as predicted, I may need to add the Chubby 2 in 2 Band silvertip to the collection

View attachment 1174016
That’s pretty close to my dream Simpson’s setup. 👍

Top Bottom