ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
View attachment 1114794
From left to right:
1) Vintage Restored Ever Ready 200 w/New 26mm Badger Knot
2) Mondial 1908 Boar w/Tortoise Shell Handle*
3) Mondial 1908 Boar w/Faux Ivory Handle*

*Yes, my two Mondial Boar Brushes arrived from Australia after 3 months in transit. The good folks at Executive Grooming provided great communication throughout the duration and offered to refund. I elected to wait and am very pleased that I did. Kudos to Executive Grooming.
Very nice brushes. I bought the Mondial 1908 brush of the same vendor. Very easy to deal with. I have not used mine yet. I should as I really like the look of it.

My first Omega boar

Attachments

• 20200622_122340.jpg
    20200622_122340.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Just received an email from my wife, my Semogue SOC Boar (Butterscotch handle) and Semogue Torga C-5 arrived at the house. I should be home on Saturday to open the package, get pictures, and start using them...very excited. These were shipped from the Portuguese Factory in 5/5.

Surprise shipment to work hotel stay !!!!

Zenith B36: 28x50mm / Copper Handle / Handle 66mm:

Surprise on opening - the hairs are soft but good backbone. I bloomed the hair tips in hot water on and off. Wow. There is absolutely no boar smell!!!!!
_20200625_174402.JPG

_20200625_174247.JPG

Last edited:
This Thater 4292/3 arrived today as a birthday present to myself. It's not my first badger (I have an Edwin Jagger Best that I really like as well) but it's certainly my first higher end brush.

When I chose it I wasn't really sure what size I wanted or if I would like the knot shape or if it would suit my face lathering style - but I took a chance on it based on people's high praise for Thater generally.

Working from home today so right after it arrived I had a chance to give it a test shave at lunch and it felt glorious - everything I've ever wanted in a brush and it looks great as well!

Thater4292.jpg

This Thater 4292/3 arrived today as a birthday present to myself. It's not my first badger (I have an Edwin Jagger Best that I really like as well) but it's certainly my first higher end brush.

When I chose it I wasn't really sure what size I wanted or if I would like the knot shape or if it would suit my face lathering style - but I took a chance on it based on people's high praise for Thater generally.

Working from home today so right after it arrived I had a chance to give it a test shave at lunch and it felt glorious - everything I've ever wanted in a brush and it looks great as well!

View attachment 1118254
Fantastic looking brush. The good old birthday excuse to buy yourself something nice. I've been busy buying new items as well and I think I'll use the birthday excuse too(next week) to make me feel better about them.

Happy Birthday and enjoy the new brush! 😊

Fantastic looking brush. The good old birthday excuse to buy yourself something nice. I've been busy buying new items as well and I think I'll use the birthday excuse too(next week) to make me feel better about them.

Happy Birthday and enjoy the new brush! 😊

:biggrin1: Thanks! And Happy pre-Birthday to you as well. It's a highly effective guilt elimination strategy! Either that or convincing yourself that you absolutely NEED it, but that's a tough sell when Silvertip badger brushes are involved.

:biggrin1: Thanks! And Happy pre-Birthday to you as well. It's a highly effective guilt elimination strategy! Either that or convincing yourself that you absolutely NEED it, but that's a tough sell when Silvertip badger brushes are involved.

Let me help you. I have sensitive skin (not really), I NEED the softest Silvertip badger brush available. Maybe my next brush will be softer, for my sensitive skin.........there you go. :thumbup:

Let me help you. I have sensitive skin (not really), I NEED the softest Silvertip badger brush available. Maybe my next brush will be softer, for my sensitive skin.........there you go. :thumbup:

You did it! You win (the right to buy guilt free) a new Silvertip Badger Brush! Congratulations! :thumbup:

I don't post too many AD acquisitions, but this week was a pretty good one. I've been chasing a Heritage Rooney for some time now. I haven't used it yet, but the knot is incredibly dense with a HUGE bloom. The Varlets fell into my lap. All of them from very generous members here.

20200626_150729.jpg

Top Bottom