What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

It took me a while to assemble this but here it is! Rudy Vey Custom brush with SHD knot. I call it the "Big Ivory," for a reason...

IMG_20191120_194208741_2.jpg

A simple collage of the brush.

20191120_200834-COLLAGE.jpg

Great looking RV brush!
It sure is. Nice and simple.

Wow, I love it. I don't usually go for simple white/Ivory handles, but that's pretty stunning.
I was contemplating between a complex color and simple Ivory but thought I would keep it basic. It turned out well and I'm glad I kept it Ivory. Although it's quite a workout with how heavy it is, haha. I've had my moments with big handles but I think I'll slowly head towards the lighter path.

First brush from WildWestBrushWorks!
The Butterscotch

IMG_20191122_195638405~2.jpg

IMG_20191122_195651149~2.jpg

Knotted with 26mm Maggard Plissoft. It looks and feels great so far. I'll be happy to lather with it.

Another Grizzly Bay brush; my first custom! 30mm APShaveCo Cashmere knot, Grizzly cut handle in red/copper/copper flake (copper flakes literally floating in clear acrylic). Test run tomorrow, although I tested the head out by itself. View attachment 1031782

That is one beautiful brush and I have been very much wanting to get a 30mm cashmere because I love my 24mm. If it is not too much trouble could you please take some pictures of this brush beside a badger brush maybe 26mm or 28mm so I can tell if it might be bigger than I like. I would greatly appreciate it.
Happy shaves
Smurf

Not totally sure yet, but I might put a blonde boar or a TGN best badger in the Oz handle. The WWB I might go with a silvertip or 2-band, either TGN or Maggard. Recommendations?

That is gorgeous. How is the knot?
Happy shaves
SMURF

The knot is different from what I've seen so far, it's set pretty deep in the handle so the stability is given by the inner walls of the pewter part, however it does work great that way. The tips are soft and also gelling a big and the density is just right to release the lather easily. Can only recommend it. It's a bigger brush than most however.

Not totally sure yet, but I might put a blonde boar or a TGN best badger in the Oz handle. The WWB I might go with a silvertip or 2-band, either TGN or Maggard. Recommendations?
I've never knotted a boar so I don't know any good boar sources. But I know Maggard's has great knots for sure so I'd probably go with them. Their regular 2-band is known to be great as well as their SHD types.

Top Bottom