What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

My new brush from Grizzly Bay. Handle is a little shorter that what I thought it would be, but man... it feels great in the hand with the knurling. I had him put the 26mm Fanchurian V3 knot in there. Super soft tips! Translucent red base, with black/white swirl top. I did three palm lathers to do a semi break-in and only lost 2 hairs. Man... does this thing whip up a lather fast. I think I have a keeper here folks.

image1 (1).jpeg
image1 (2).jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

My new brush from Grizzly Bay. Handle is a little shorter that what I thought it would be, but man... it feels great in the hand with the knurling. I had him put the 26mm Fanchurian V3 knot in there. Super soft tips! Translucent red base, with black/white swirl top. I did three palm lathers to do a semi break-in and only lost 2 hairs. Man... does this thing whip up a lather fast. I think I have a keeper here folks.

I love the GB handles! I have several myself.

IMG_20190623_115710.jpg

Picked up these 3 vintage brushes Friday, while out antiquing with the wifey! Another Ever-Ready I didn't have, a Rubberset 153 with a beautiful marbelized Bakelite handle, and an NOS Culmak 30. Never heard of Culmak, but I love the butterscotch yellow!

IMG_20190623_115737.jpg IMG_20190623_115808.jpg IMG_20190623_115845.jpg IMG_20190623_115943.jpg IMG_20190623_115954.jpg

View attachment 993213
Picked up these 3 vintage brushes Friday, while out antiquing with the wifey! Another Ever-Ready I didn't have, a Rubberset 153 with a beautiful marbelized Bakelite handle, and an NOS Culmak 30. Never heard of Culmak, but I love the butterscotch yellow!

View attachment 993214 View attachment 993215 View attachment 993216 View attachment 993217 View attachment 993218
God rewarded you for going antiquing with your wife. That took courage.

God rewarded you for going antiquing with your wife. That took courage.
Oh, I love going antiquing with her! Many times she'll spot a razor or some other shaving collectible before I do. And I keep an eye for the Pyrex she loves to collect.

Friday was my birthday and that's what I wanted do - spend the day with her antiquing. It's good quality time!

View attachment 992189 View attachment 992190 View attachment 992191 View attachment 992192

Dude that’s beautiful, I love his work and will have one of his blues one day!

He does the coolest blue ones I’ve ever seen, they’re all either really dark and see thru or electric blue, nothing else I’ve seen comes close.

One from Milton, this thing is awesome. Stays really warm, lathers really well. Happy I picked this up.

Dig the sparkles in the base:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Been busy the last few days but I got this brush from @Graydog it is an amazing brush and has a horse knot in it. I've used it once and instantly feel in love with it. Hands down my favorite brush. Thank you @Graydog for this amazing brush. It is my favorite brush hands down. I love how the wood changes from light to dark depending how the light hits it. I know I'm going to be saving for his brushes he said he was getting ready for the auction.

View attachment 991723 View attachment 991724 View attachment 991725 View attachment 991726
That is a looker!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Ever Ready 200 in Butterscotch! I wonder if the hair can be cleaned and restored.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Picked up these brushes over the past couple of weeks, again, out antiquing with the Mrs.
upload_2019-7-30_10-37-42.png

A Century, 3 Ever-Readys, and Fuller nylon.

upload_2019-7-30_10-38-44.png

AND! a new-in-box Made Rite 54
upload_2019-7-30_10-39-47.png

upload_2019-7-30_10-40-42.png

Can't wait to try out this butterscotch beauty!

C9BF39CB-2A20-4C9E-B8E9-B0B9DB44F7DA.jpeg

Just got this Rubberset 200-2 that I’m gonna clean up and restore. For a size comparison I have my 200-5 next to it.

E67C5291-3EA8-4E1E-98C6-DADA1BBEBA3C.jpeg

Just got this from Milton @Turn & shave great guy to deal with and great communication and shipping was quick it arrived 4 days earlier than expected it doesn’t have his medallion but I have used the brush once and it is nice

Ever Ready 200 in Butterscotch! I wonder if the hair can be cleaned and restored.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I am just now seeing this post. I have the exact same handle and had Rudy Vey change out the knot with a Manchurian fan knot. It is now my favorite brush... in action this morning.

IMG_3332.jpeg

What did you end up doing with yours?

Mondial Antica Barberia Aluminum "Super Badger" brush. I couldnt find any reviews on this brush or on Mondials "Super Badger" grade of hair, but its not impressive at all, im pretty sure its just dyed and bleached pure badger. The handle though is fantastic, solid aluminum with a nice weight to it, heavier than Mondials aluminum boar brush handles, probably the most comfortable handle ive tried yet. Ill probably try and learn to reknot with an actual silvertip knot.
DSC_0969.JPG

Top Bottom