What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
The Easter Rabbit also brought me this refurbished 1930s-1940s Fuller (Catalin and Ebonite handle) with a 24mm boar knot. It will pair nicely with one of my vintage Gillette TTOs.

IMG_5239.jpeg

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
The Easter Rabbit also brought me this refurbished 1930s-1940s Fuller (Catalin and Ebonite handle) with a 24mm boar knot. It will pair nicely with one of my vintage Gillette TTOs.

View attachment 1821259
Brush gurus:

this is a threaded two-piece handle. The base is hollow. I'd like to add a little weight to it.

I'm thinking about epoxying in a half dozen or so dimes, since the inside diameter is pretty much perfect. What do you think?

The Easter Rabbit - aka my dad - finalised his brushes he made for me with @apshaveco / Andrew’s knots in them. And I am going to have so much fun with them!!!

My dad’s abbreviated name is Abe, so I thought it would be fitting to dub them ABW for Abe’s Brush Works :001_wub: because he is definitely hooked on the brush handle hobby!

SilkSmoke:

G5C:

Mühle STF XL

Synbad:

Cheers,

Guido

The Easter Rabbit - aka my dad - finalised his brushes he made for me with @apshaveco / Andrew’s knots in them. And I am going to have so much fun with them!!!

My dad’s abbreviated name is Abe, so I thought it would be fitting to dub them ABW for Abe’s Brush Works :001_wub: because he is definitely hooked on the brush handle hobby!

SilkSmoke:

G5C:

Mühle STF XL

Synbad:

Cheers,

Guido
Your Dad does some great work! The brushes turned out beautifully 🤩.

My first of, I hope, several brushes from @Rudy Vey.

This one is “Shredded Money in Clear Resin” with a 24mm Semogue Premium Boar knot. It looks and feels to me to be the same knot used in their SOC brushes.

Not sure what his handle design is called, but, it is pretty close to the size of Zeniths’s XL handles.

Measurements:
1-5/8” diameter at the base
2-1/2” handle height
~4-5/8” total height
4 ounces exactly on my kitchen scale

Perfect for my large mitts. You metric w⚓️s are on your own for unit conversion.

I felt that the concept of shredded cash was an appropriate symbol for this hobby of ours.

Many thanks to Rudy for a beautiful brush!

View attachment 1815847View attachment 1815848View attachment 1815849
Wow that looks so cool.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Another beautiful brush from @Rudy Vey. This one is Boxelder Burl with a 24 mm Semogue premium boar knot. I’m 99% sure he uses the same knots Semogue puts in their SOC brushes. Having used both, they feel identical… great backbone, the perfect amount of scritch, easily loading, no shedding after first 2-3 shaves.

Squeaked this purchase in before the commencement of April’s GRUME!

IMG_5287.jpeg
IMG_5288.jpeg

Top Bottom