What's new

Brunch

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I don't have a cooked breakfast at all as it's just to heavy and I am too busy but on the weekend it is nice for a once in a blue moon treat for Brunch.
Today was Black pudding, middle bacon and a fried eggs on toast with a bit of hot English mustard on the side.
I was considering Lamb Brains but that can be for the next treat.

what do you guys cook for a lazy weekend brunch ?

$Brunch.jpg

I like to make a fritatta: sliced onions and red and green peppers, and garlic. Saute off for a while until soft. I have used up left over potatoes in as well, a nice addition. Occasionally we have some turkey bacon in the fridge so that can go in as well.

Six eggs, season and beat. Add to the pan and cook gently. Stir in some cheese: any will do but mozzarella works well.

When it appears nearly set, place the pan under a hot grill. The eggs should rise a bit and when it is golden on top, remove and slide onto a ready plate.

Chorizo seco. It's a partially cured spanish/mexican sausage. Just slice it up into half inch thick pieces and grill/saute. Throw in some eggs and veggies if you like and serve with tortillas.

Bacon and eggs is a good treat any time. I prefer jowl bacon and soft boiled eggs.

That sausage looks a little... Pompeii'd. Is it supposed to look like that?

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
That sausage looks a little... Pompeii'd. Is it supposed to look like that?
in short yes but I find there is a great difference in texture from one butcher to the next, so when it fries the outside will crust accordingly. Getting a good black pudding is becoming hard to find here in NZ. I am lucky to have a local butcher who still does it. The supermarkets and a lot of butchers just buy them from small goods manufactures and they just don't get it right IMO.
These ones were still soft and moist in the middle.
Black Pudding is cooked when made so you are just heating through.

I had a look at some examples and they very in texture.
would not have thought of putting a scallop on top as bellow.

$black pudding 2.jpg$black pudding 3.jpg$black pudding 4.jpg

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I like to make a fritatta: sliced onions and red and green peppers, and garlic. Saute off for a while until soft. I have used up left over potatoes in as well, a nice addition. Occasionally we have some turkey bacon in the fridge so that can go in as well.

Six eggs, season and beat. Add to the pan and cook gently. Stir in some cheese: any will do but mozzarella works well.

Chorizo seco. It's a partially cured spanish/mexican sausage. Just slice it up into half inch thick pieces and grill/saute. Throw in some eggs and veggies if you like and serve with tortillas.
Fritatta sounds nice.
This reminded me of a Tortilla Espanola that a Spanish girl made us for brunch one day. Yum. make it with some Chorizo now your talking.

Last edited:
You're making me hungry with photos of black pud! Have a rather nice Clonakilty one in the freezer I think I'll fish out before bed. Tomorrow's breakfast sorted!

Gareth

My 3 year old son and I make bacon and egg toast cups as a treat and something different from cereal occasionally. Quick and easy and yum.
Not mine but they look like this.
$egg-toast.jpg

Top Bottom