What's new

Brrr the mornings are getting cold

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
What's a man to do?
I've broken out the scuttle for some toasty warm lather. DR Harris Sandalwood AS to carry the warmth on through the day.

So have you guys got out your winter favourites yet?

20180522_205915.jpg

My new Feather Artist Club arrived today so I’ll be giving it a run in the morning. I might break out the ToBS Sandalwood for that.

I’ve put in a pre GST order to West Coast Shaving which includes a couple of winter soaps. I’m looking forward to trying the Mickey Lee Soapworks Drunken Goat which smells of chocolate.

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Very nice set up. How do you like the AS?
Sick of the cold and waiting for summer up here!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
My new Feather Artist Club arrived today so I’ll be giving it a run in the morning. I might break out the ToBS Sandalwood for that.

I’ve put in a pre GST order to West Coast Shaving which includes a couple of winter soaps. I’m looking forward to trying the Mickey Lee Soapworks Drunken Goat which smells of chocolate.

That drunken goat soap sounds intriguing.

Very nice set up. How do you like the AS?
Sick of the cold and waiting for summer up here!

I like the DR Harris AS a lot. It is very soothing with a warm, woodsy fragrance that is not overpowering.

Hope the warm weather makes it your way soon.
I can't complain to much about out winters, as they are mild here in Wellington compared to other places.

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
We have just had asparagus season and the peonies are flowering.

Winter? Ha!
Yeah yeah. I grew up in Canberra, in a government house with no heating. My Melbourne winters seem tropical. Bring it!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
We have just had asparagus season and the peonies are flowering.

Winter? Ha!

We get cold, so you can be warm.

They say you can't beat Wellington on a good day......well yesterday was not one of them. Cold, 120km wind and rain.
Time for Sunday roasts, hmmmm...... roast lamb, potatoes, kumara, yams, pumpkin and gravy. I don't need no sparrows grass

If the sample of Drunken Goat is gone from the passaround, I can carve off a bit from mine for any kiwi's interested.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
If the sample of Drunken Goat is gone from the passaround, I can carve off a bit from mine for any kiwi's interested.

That's a kind and generous offer.

I would be tempted but will pass myself, as I've taken a new direction to fight off the cold morning shaves and have decided to grow a beard. It's been 25 odd years since I last grew one. I'm just three days in, so are looking disheveled at the moment.
Now I can play with some different grooming gear. I picked up some Proraso wood & spice beard balm. Hmmm a great cold weather scent of cedar.

Top Bottom