What's new

Brrr. How cold is it where you are?

OK, I'm so sorry but I just could not resist. I went out for four hours in the boat today in 84 degrees with a stiff breeze at times. South Floirda is apparently the place to be because they are all here. BTW, the post boating shave was sweet.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Could be just a frozen pipe not allowing water to pass. Good luck!

Appreciate the input, good sir. Was not a frozen pipe (thank heavens). On the bright side I did get her lit later that day. It was a Valentines miracle. That being said it's only a 6 year and it's out of warranty by a year now. Could go tomorrow or it could give me a few more years. It's just a matter of time. So it goes with home ownership.

Stay warm all!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Appreciate the input, good sir. Was not a frozen pipe (thank heavens). On the bright side I did get her lit later that day. It was a Valentines miracle. That being said it's only a 6 year and it's out of warranty by a year now. Could go tomorrow or it could give me a few more years. It's just a matter of time. So it goes with home ownership.

Stay warm all!

Great news! I mentioned it because we lost hot water overnight. I thought the heater went bad but it's fine (but over 20 years old!), means a frozen pipe somewhere :mad1:

But we're blessed as we haven't lost power like so many around us.

Sorry man. North Texas has a lot of people in a world of hurt this week. Oncor has a lot to answer for.
We left man.

We drove about an hour to my uncle and aunts house. They got power and a fireplace. The news saying that people that don't have power won't have power until Friday.

17 in chicagoland. Not bad at all, sun melted the snow off my driveway. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Today the high was 51....lots of snow melting, rivers flooding...tonight down to 21 again....then the forecast is calling for another dump of 6-8" on Thursday, so sick of winter this year

We went from -20°C with about 10" of snow last week to 7°C and no snow this week in North East Scotland. The main problem we have though, is that even though we get snow this heavy most years the local authorities don't really plan for it (there's a lack of gritters, snow ploughs to clear roads (I don't think any pavements are cleared)) and because it doesn't last that long hardly anyone bothers with snow tyres and no one has chains. Luckily I'm working from home still so don't really need to worry about it too much!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Still colder than.......here in Deep South Texas. Woke up to 34° but it feels like 23° and there’s rain falling that hurts when it hits you. It’s solid like ice.
Supposed to start warming a bit.
Water and power out all around us.
Brutal

We warmed up this morning. The end is in sight.

EDEB89D4-C94B-415F-97BC-42DFB141BDEB.png

Turn the heat up gents!!!

Full disclosure: Long $SPH [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16].

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Today the high was 51....lots of snow melting, rivers flooding...tonight down to 21 again....then the forecast is calling for another dump of 6-8" on Thursday, so sick of winter this year
Are you still planning to move, Rudy?

I have an interest in an apartment complex in NJ. We have had so much snow and no place to put it. As a result, we hired a trucking company to move some of it.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Are you still planning to move, Rudy?

I have an interest in an apartment complex in NJ. We have had so much snow and no place to put it. As a result, we hired a trucking company to move some of it.
Nah, decided to stay here...
Yes, this years snow is very bad, one of the problems is that it is piled up at street corners, so visibility is crappy.
With the warm weather yesterday and the temp drop overnight, there are a lot of very slick iced over spots. The melting snow yesterday created huge puddles and wet spots, now you can ice skate on them.
I was out shopping this morning, and in one parking lot, I think the snow pile is something like 20 feet high.

Top Bottom