What's new

Browning

Hello, found such a Browning. Interesting handle, I haven't seen these before. We at the historical forum could not identify. Maybe someone here will tell you, he's not mine, but the person wants to sell. Is it collectible?

IMG_20221114_143321.jpg
IMG_20221114_143328 (1).jpg
IMG_20221114_143339.jpg
IMG_20221114_143358.jpg
IMG_20221114_143421.jpg

Yep I got nothing.....I cannot locate that grip shape anywhere.....
The shape of the handle is the most interesting. Togo thought it might be collectible. Part of my country was once the Austro-Hungarian Empire, the second part was the Russian Empire, then the USSR, the German Reich, and so on. We have a lot of funny things in Ukraine in terms of rarities.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member

I believe this is what you have.

EDIT: I fear I may be wrong.....that grip shape on the bottom is throwing me off....standby

Yep I got nothing.....I cannot locate that grip shape anywhere.....
Im in the same boat.

I was thinking either the Baby Browning (FN Model 1906) or an FN 1910/22. Without the slide and barrel through its going to be hard to figure this out. It LOOKS like there is an N stamped as part of the acceptance stamp/proof which would date it from 1927-1958.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
I would like to see some detail shots of the bottom of the frame and grip panels. I can't zoom in on the bottom enough to see if there are tool marks or inconsistencies in the cut.

I would like to see some detail shots of the bottom of the frame and grip panels. I can't zoom in on the bottom enough to see if there are tool marks or inconsistencies in the cut.
I already wrote to the person for additional photos of the "triangle" itself. I'm waiting for his answer.

Im in the same boat.

I was thinking either the Baby Browning (FN Model 1906) or an FN 1910/22. Without the slide and barrel through its going to be hard to figure this out. It LOOKS like there is an N stamped as part of the acceptance stamp/proof which would date it from 1927-1958.
I'm guessing a 1910, as you can see the hole & notch for the frame-mounted safety. The frame also shows (apparently) the hole for a heel magazine release. The angle cuts actually make life harder for an average magazine, as it would be flush (more than less) with the point. As an impact weapon, that pretty much stinks, as you'd beat the ever luvvin heck out of the release latch.

My guess, and only that, is perhaps a prototype (perhaps home-made) for an extended magazine, possibly replacing the original release tab with a toggle lever. The forward cut allows the index finger to get a higher purchase, getting a solid grip for extraction. The thumb comes in to hit the toggle tab (like a MAC-10).

I'm guessing, based on the oddball stuff lhike Dillinger's full-auto .45, the Pederson rifle protos, etc.. Could be waaay off...

Edit: IIRC, The FA selector & lever were milled into the slide of Dillinger's 1911 and the frame was basically stock. A FA .32 ACP would be really controllable and a pretty awesome car/elevator/doorway assassination tool with a 10-15 round mag. Also a reasonable answer as to why the slide is MIA.

Last edited:
Top Bottom