What's new

Browning A5 Sweet 16

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I was at Scheels today, spent some time playing with that A5. Man it points nice and is just the right weight my wife would enjoy it also. It would also give me an excuse to reload. Man 16 gauge shells bring a premium.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I was at Scheels today, spent some time playing with that A5. Man it points nice and is just the right weight my wife would enjoy it also. It would also give me an excuse to reload. Man 16 gauge shells bring a premium.

Go ahead and get it...you know you want to.

Here's Dad's old Belgium Sweet 16 from the 1950s that he used to take when we'd go quail hunting. I've knocked down a few quail since I've had it. Internals are a bit different than the current ones, but I've not seen a new one so don't know that much about them.

1599441022983.png

Yep, 16 gauge shells ain't cheap. I'll never own another one due that.

The old A5 and new A5 share very little other than a hump on the back.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Classic, yes.

Shotshells are easy and fun to reload, IMHO. Make your own specialty ammo.

AA

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Classic, yes.

Shotshells are easy and fun to reload, IMHO. Make your own specialty ammo.

AA

I need to do more research on reloading supply’s on a 16 gauge. My cousin who is 4 years older than me would come out to our farm, he had a model 12 in 16 gauge. I fell in love with that gauge when I was 12.

He is now quite well off and owns a lot of high end shotguns but will not part with that Winchester.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Love me some Browning autoloaders. Don't have a 16 ga. in anything, nor a 20 ga. Maybe some day. I have a very old A5 that I was given and an A 500G. The A500G has the look of a classic A5 but works very differently, still a nice shotgun IMHO.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
The Sweet-16 was without a doubt my favorite shotgun. Unfortunately I didn't get custody.

Top Bottom