What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

So I've had a few root beers and I'm looking at Smoking Pipes...

Radice's Rind Prince is there. Gorgeous. So much so that I can't buy it. I would never smoke it. Just too pretty.

I'll sit here and look at it. Like a piece at the MET. I can't touch it. Even if I owned it.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

Radice's Rind Prince is there. Gorgeous. So much so that I can't buy it. I would never smoke it. Just too pretty.

I'll sit here and look at it. Like a piece at the MET. I can't touch it. Even if I owned it.

How do you like your Neerup Churchwarden? Been hemming and hawing over one for days

How do you like your Neerup Churchwarden? Been hemming and hawing over one for days
I like mine . I don't notice a difference between smoking it or a short stemmed pipe with the English blends I smoke in it.

It is comfortable smoking white sitting down. It's a lazy smoke. I don't ha e to move my hand rest on the arm rest. It's holding the pipe.

I waited until a shape, finish, stem color I liked showed up. It took a while.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Go for the glory.

Go for the glory.
I survived through that lust. It was sold. But then this Tinsky Hawkbill Caberet shows up!
I need to walk away!
Screenshot_20200213-141447.png

Annnndddd.... Ohio is closing all bars and restaurants at 9pm tonight. Carryout and Delivery only until further notice. I may have more time to smoke on the back stoop if weather permits.

So, another newbie question.

Have the humidor all set up for about a month now, holding at 68rH.

I ordered a box of the AF Short Story. When they arrive is it better to leave them in the box, or take all of them and put in the humidor? Is there any way to know how long they have been in box, and without opening it, have no idea if there is any kind of "moisture supply" in there or not.If I put them in the humidor, is there a time period that I should just leave them there to "refresh"?

So many questions, so few brain cells.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
So, another newbie question.

Have the humidor all set up for about a month now, holding at 68rH.

I ordered a box of the AF Short Story. When they arrive is it better to leave them in the box, or take all of them and put in the humidor? Is there any way to know how long they have been in box, and without opening it, have no idea if there is any kind of "moisture supply" in there or not.If I put them in the humidor, is there a time period that I should just leave them there to "refresh"?

So many questions, so few brain cells.

Fuente usually ship their higher tiered sticks with a Boveda pack. Cigars used to be shipped wet to combat dessication during shipping, but that was years ago. I would take them out of the box and stick them in your humi for a few days to acclimate to your preferred RH. Maybe smoke one fresh from the box for a point of reference for the next box you buy.

Im doing som spring cleaning and took some jars and boxes of tins to out them in my tobacco closet. I can't fit anymore boxes on th shelf 😂🤣.

Tins come in and I throw them in an empty draw in a dresser beside my desk. When the drawer fills up, I organize , box and store. I need to find a bigger closet or slow down buying .... Just laughing and wondering where I'm going to hide these crates if tins.

Separate checking accounts gents. Separate checking accounts...

Top Bottom