What's new

Brown Leaf Monthly Discussion for May: Latakia!

Theoden won't eat fish. But chicken, beef, lamb, and yes, even buffalo. He's game.

I'm outside right now on the balcony smoking some Balkan Sasieni in one of my Missouri Meerschaums. And the little stinker is poking his head out the window, sniffing the air and purring.

I went to Syria a few years back before this whole civil war broke out. Went to go see some Christian monasteries and sites. We went to Latakia - the Latakia - the place that gave the name to the stuff. As we traveled on the coast I could see tobacco fields and the smoke to cure the leaves. And it smelt like heaven. One of my best memories will be sitting outside a nearby monastery on the hills overlooking Latakia, drinking cherry liqueur and coffee with the abbot, and just smelling the smoke from the fields perfuming the air.

It is a shame what is going on in Syria right now. Beautiful country. Beautiful people. Great tobacco.

Amazing story, thanks for sharing. Beautiful, yet sad at the same time...

my blind one like Cheetos
$IMG_20110516_100024.jpg

fortunately he can't see the top of the counter to get up there so i don't know if he'd eat anything raw.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Theoden won't eat fish. But chicken, beef, lamb, and yes, even buffalo. He's game.

I'm outside right now on the balcony smoking some Balkan Sasieni in one of my Missouri Meerschaums. And the little stinker is poking his head out the window, sniffing the air and purring.
Of course your cat has good taste.

Why do I get the feeling that a month is too long to discuss one topic. To summarize: Latakia is great; latakia smells like a litter box; kittehs!

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Why do I get the feeling that a month is too long to discuss one topic. To summarize: Latakia is great; latakia smells like a litter box; kittehs!

When do we get to HOTW month? I want to be able to wax poetic about my love for that leaf and use my "Everytime you smoke HOTW God makes a full double rainbow sign".

When do we get to HOTW month? I want to be able to wax poetic about my love for that leaf and use my "Everytime you smoke HOTW God makes a full double rainbow sign".

See, there is a blend that would benefit from a healthy dose of latakia. That maybe the only thing that could improve it to where I'd be able to like it. lol

Why must you always kill my dreams, Jason? :a36:

Well, Derrick has a suggestion for next month, I'm all about HOTW if it will make me not look like a kitty killer! What would everyone else want to talk about next?

Why must you always kill my dreams, Jason? :a36:

Well, Derrick has a suggestion for next month, I'm all about HOTW if it will make me not look like a kitty killer! What would everyone else want to talk about next?

Since none of us really care or worry about the thread derailing, then getting back on track, then derailing again... combined with the fact we are still posting to it, I'm not sure your dream was killed.

Here's a back on track question, btw.. anyone here ever picked up some blending latakia, and tried to smoke a bowl of it straight?

Top Bottom