What's new

Brown Leaf acquisitions - Sept 2022

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I just received an order in from Tobacco Pipes which included some stuff I've wanted, but...

I was disappointed to find that despite ordering two 2oz Tins of Cornell & Diehl John Marr, what they sent me was two ziploc bags rolled up and taped with loose tobacco inside.
I don't even know if C&D does bulk quantities, or if they just opened up a larger tin to try to send me what I ordered because they screwed up on their website inventory or what, but I did NOT order loose tobacco.

I'll let you know what they say when they respond to my email.

age1.jpg

A phone call or text would have seemed appropriate before they decided you would take bulk in lieu of tins. I would expect a refund and them paying for shipping it back or more likely them refunding your money and telling you to keep the bulk. If the latter, and you don't want to keep it, I'll take it off your hands and pay the shipping & handling fees; my personal customer service!:biggrin1:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
C&D does offer John Marr in bulk, but it's still not cool that Tobacco Pipes did that. If you order tins, then you should expect to get tins.

A phone call or text would have seemed appropriate before they decided you would take bulk in lieu of tins. I would expect a refund and them paying for shipping it back or more likely them refunding your money and telling you to keep the bulk. If the latter, and you don't want to keep it, I'll take it off your hands and pay the shipping & handling fees; my personal customer service!:biggrin1:
I think they just screwed up the order. I got charged Tin prices not bulk.
I'll give 'em a chance to make it right.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
C&D does offer John Marr in bulk, but it's still not cool that Tobacco Pipes did that. If you order tins, then you should expect to get tins.

Tobacco Pipes didn't respond, but have sent notification of shipment of 2 Tins of C&D John Marr.
All's well that ends well I suppose.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
TP used to be family owned in Florida, but they were sold to some outfit in Carolina I believe. I had one issue with them and they made it right. So far it’s still on par with SP for me.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
TP used to be family owned in Florida, but they were sold to some outfit in Carolina I believe. I had one issue with them and they made it right. So far it’s still on par with SP for me.
Yep. Quiet about it but fixed the issue right away.
SP and TP are my two top choices, though I have used The Country Squire, Watch City Cigar, Pipes and Cigars, Cup O' Joes, and 4 Noggins. This is the first issue I have ever had with any of them.

First post here, not really a pipe smoker but i have one, somewhere. I occasionally find it, get some tobacco and then lose interest in it again...
Today at a flea market I found this Kirsten pipe that spoke to me, reminding me of my Schick Type F razor. I asked how much, he said $5, and I said I'm not gonna haggle with you.
Cleaned up real nice inside and out and the o-rings seem good as well.

Pics of the pipe and Type F SOTD below!
20220910_200714.jpg

20220817_000830.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Forgive me for intruding on your forum, I am not a smoker these days although I smoked cigarettes for about 25 years. I just acquired a job lot of aftershave and for some reason it was delivered in this very attractive wooden box, sadly with no cigars. No doubt you see these things all the time but I do not and I was struck by the beauty of it; I could well understand if such boxes are collectable in their own right. I am not sure what to do with it, not the right shape to store packs of razor blades; I will give it some thought. Anyway here it is:

20220912_170836.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Forgive me for intruding on your forum, I am not a smoker these days although I smoked cigarettes for about 25 years. I just acquired a job lot of aftershave and for some reason it was delivered in this very attractive wooden box, sadly with no cigars. No doubt you see these things all the time but I do not and I was struck by the beauty of it; I could well understand if such boxes are collectable in their own right. I am not sure what to do with it, not the right shape to store packs of razor blades; I will give it some thought. Anyway here it is:

View attachment 1521392
Cigar boxes are indeed a collectible for some, depending on the age and branding.
Very common in the past, they have become more rare in this day and age except for higher end smokes.
Not being a cigar aficionado, I can't speak to either the age or the branding, but it certainly is a very nice box.
If you are not interested in keeping it for odds and ends (depending on the overall inner dimensions) you might be surprised for what it might fetch on eBay.

Top Bottom