What's new

Brown Leaf Acquisitions - June 2022

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I saw one in an antique shop once, but I didn't want to pay $100 for it, and then still have to restore it.
Honestly, the restoring part is mostly what would drive me to do it. Strip it, paint it, put a mirror shine on the blade...
I love taking stuff like that and making it like new.
I'd do the same like I did with my Parker vise.
Image3.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Something special just arrived in the mail today.

Being the naughty little teaser I am, I'll just refer you all over to the Codger Cabin, where I'll reveal the particulars in tomorrow's daily posts.

The hint from that is, it's something old, from the golden codger era.

Last edited:
Noob… again…. 10+ years ago I sampled the world of pipes long enough to know I enjoyed it. A new to me peaceful backyard seemed like a great excuse to pick it up again. I’m still learning the basics, and really enjoying it. The weekend’s sales seemed like a good opportunity to get some tobacco in the cellar. I haven’t tried any of these yet, but they seemed like good candidates for aging.

GL Pease Union Square
Dunhill Elizabethan
Hearth&Home Anniversary Kake
SPC Mississippi River SR
SPC Plum Pudding SR

Now back to Butternut Burley, RLP-6, and C&D Super Balkan.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Noob… again…. 10+ years ago I sampled the world of pipes long enough to know I enjoyed it. A new to me peaceful backyard seemed like a great excuse to pick it up again. I’m still learning the basics, and really enjoying it. The weekend’s sales seemed like a good opportunity to get some tobacco in the cellar. I haven’t tried any of these yet, but they seemed like good candidates for aging.

GL Pease Union Square
Dunhill Elizabethan
SPC Mississippi River SR
SPC Plum Pudding SR

I don’t have any experience with the other 3 but the 2 SPC blends you picked up are some of my favorite. Easily in my top 10.

GL Pease Union Square
Dunhill Elizabethan
SPC Mississippi River SR
SPC Plum Pudding SR

Union Square ages really well. It's a woefully under appreciated blend. The SPC blends are great. I opened a tin of first run Plum Pudding SR recently, and it aged well. Not an easy blend to improve upon, but there was some improvement. I've got some of the Mississippi River SR in the cellar that I've never tried. I just don't smoke that much lat anymore.

It so happens that my employer is distributing a small bonus, $750 to each of us this month. I've already spent about half of it to adopt my new kitten, Stirling the crazy black 3-month-old, and to have him looked over at the vet. Still that leaves quite a bit. Perhaps a new pipe . . .?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It so happens that my employer is distributing a small bonus, $750 to each of us this month. I've already spent about half of it to adopt my new kitten, Stirling the crazy black 3-month-old, and to have him looked over at the vet. Still that leaves quite a bit. Perhaps a new pipe . . .?
Just sayin'...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Bonus? I can’t parse that word. :) Can we see a picture of the kitty?

Bonus? I can’t parse that word. :) Can we see a picture of the kitty?
I took several with my phone and tried to send them to my work email as I've done in the past. They didn't come through. I guess I have to sign into my email on my phone for that to work?

Top Bottom