What's new

Brown Leaf Acquisitions - January 2022

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Man cannot live on aromatics alone.

Oh, I don't know. A steady diet of Condor, University Flake, Reunion Flake, Irish Mixture, Red Mixture, Scottish Flake, Hyde Park, Royal Yacht, and assorted Lakelands, should provide a good level of sustenance. :lol:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Oh, I don't know. A steady diet of Condor, University Flake, Reunion Flake, Irish Mixture, Red Mixture, Scottish Flake, Hyde Park, Royal Yacht, and assorted Lakelands, should provide a good level of sustenance. :lol:

Lakelands aren’t aromatics in my book lol.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
A little package from Europe

7DF3325E-64CC-4C5C-92D8-CFD02BCF9709.jpeg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Lakelands aren’t aromatics in my book lol.
I rarely smoke Cavendish aromatics, so anything with a detectable added non-tobacco flavour goes in either the aromatic or Lakeland pipes, depending on whether it's strictly "food and drink" or floral. Or the mixed use pipes that I'll smoke anything in.

I rarely smoke Cavendish aromatics, so anything with a detectable added non-tobacco flavour goes in either the aromatic or Lakeland pipes, depending on whether it's strictly "food and drink" or floral. Or the mixed use pipes that I'll smoke anything in.
Like Firedance. Brown Flake with blackberry brandy and... Then it is wonderful. And aromatic. Not goopy and doesn't taste like sugar but everyone loves the smell of it and I enjoy the taste of it.

I wish I found Sunday Picnic before I got Riverboat Gambler! It's 85% what I'm looking for in oriental tobaccos based on the 2 bowls I've had. It very well might take Oriental Silk (which I just got a pound of) as my preferred with coffee smoke. I want a couple more bowls to know for sure though. Not thrilled with the broken flake presentation but otherwise, again according to the 2 smokes I've had, this is what I'm looking for in an Oriental.
As to the appearance on broken flake, i can usually manage a long smoke out of of it over ribbon or shag cut. Which is also how I came to enjoy many blends. They were my driving to work bowl and I either finished it on the way home or sat our back and finished it on the stoop.

I've been wanting to crack a tin of Sunday Picnic. Now I'm really wanting to crack open a tin!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Like Firedance. Brown Flake with blackberry brandy and... Then it is wonderful. And aromatic. Not goopy and doesn't taste like sugar but everyone loves the smell of it and I enjoy the taste of it.

If you get chance to try it John, GH Reunion Flake is a very good Bourbon flavoured flake.

I've been wanting to crack a tin of Sunday Picnic. Now I'm really wanting to crack open a tin!
If you like Orientals, it's a great smoke. The Virginia in this is a carrier for the little leaves. As far as flakes go, I still prefer ribbon. But not by enough to make any kind of difference.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Four more Falcon bowls.

P1050090.JPG

Smooth Hyberbole, Smooth Snifter, Hunter Genoa, Rustic Apple.

They actually made a bit of a booboo, and shipped me a Hunter Genoa instead of a Bantam Genoa, but I'm happy to accept that. The one they sent me is a little more expensive, but the difference in price is less than shipping costs to send this back, or for a replacement being shipped to me.

As to the appearance on broken flake, i can usually manage a long smoke out of of it over ribbon or shag cut. Which is also how I came to enjoy many blends. They were my driving to work bowl and I either finished it on the way home or sat our back and finished it on the stoop.

Je suis désolé, Chef! I just saw this. As a driving to work smoke, I was all about Oriental Silk. There was something wonderful how the orientals played with a cup of coffee with cream and sugar. They each highlighted each other.

SP is that but more somehow. The balance is slightly more weighted to the tobacco than the coffee. The oriental sings over the joe.

There's more tobaccos in there and they make their presence known. But they're more felt than really tasted, like mashed with beef gray. And everything I've smoked has been fresh. I have no direct knowledge what time in a cellar will do. Which is to say, if you (like me) have too many things open, I have a feeling the time waiting will be well spent. But if you're stronger than I was, you'll love it! Either way, have it on a day off as your first smoke with a big cup of coffee!
16425496705485261120859020641997.jpg

I'm considering a couple of vintage pipes on Etsy, from the seller who sold me the big black foursquare paneled billiard I've nicknamed the "Wolf pipe." She seems to have some good-looking items for pretty good prices.

Top Bottom