What's new

Brown Leaf acquisitions- Aug 2022

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I always cut the MacB HH flakes in half lengthwise, made putting them in 1/2 jars easier (they are long flakes). Always made sure the wife didn’t see me using her good chef knife to do it. :)
I was able to easily fit a half pound into a 1 pint Mason Jar.
The Vincent Manil Semois required wide mouth Quart jars to fit without unwrapping.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I always cut the MacB HH flakes in half lengthwise, made putting them in 1/2 jars easier (they are long flakes). Always made sure the wife didn’t see me using her good chef knife to do it. :)
I’ve seen those HH flakes … and some of them look good enough to eat.

More inviting than celery or carrots.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The Vincent Manil Semois required wide mouth Quart jars to fit without unwrapping.
Sounds about right. I usually got 1 pound into four 1/2 pint jars.

I never found an HH flake that I didn’t like.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Take it from someone who is currently packing their cellar to move...mylar is the way to go.

I know you've mentioned using mylar here before. I'd recommend it for everything. If I had it to do over I would only have jars for my active rotation blends and mylar the rest. Glass is just heavy, bulky and a pain to move.

Take it from someone who is currently packing their cellar to move...mylar is the way to go.

I know you've mentioned using mylar here before. I'd recommend it for everything. If I had it to do over I would only have jars for my active rotation blends and mylar the rest. Glass is just heavy, bulky and a pain to move.
Jars are proven! And I inherited a ton. And I hope to never move out of the house I just mortaged but I did have to pack all my jars. Thank goodness I had a decent amount of the cardboard shipping flats they come in. Stack the ones of the same size togethers, wrap with plastic, stack in a box if you have movers or fit them in the holes in the back of the van!

Marlin Flakes and Reiner Flakes are long! Talk about a good strip of jerky! And then insert the anecdotal story of leaving some out to dry and a relative thinking its jerky, breaking off a piece and chewing it.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

I have quite a bit of stuff in mylar, but to be honest - I just like jars - as bulky and heavy as they are.
Jars are proven! And I inherited a ton. And I hope to never move out of the house I just mortaged but I did have to pack all my jars. Thank goodness I had a decent amount of the cardboard shipping flats they come in. Stack the ones of the same size togethers, wrap with plastic, stack in a box if you have movers or fit them in the holes in the back of the van!
For me, the jars have forced me to rethink the organization and fitment, which is a good thing. I'm in a better spot now as far as organizing goes, even with the mix of jars, tins, cans and mylar.
Marlin Flakes and Reiner Flakes are long! Talk about a good strip of jerky! And then insert the anecdotal story of leaving some out to dry and a relative thinking its jerky, breaking off a piece and chewing it.
I'm going to have to try to set this situation up purposefully. :lol1:

I have quite a bit of stuff in mylar, but to be honest - I just like jars - as bulky and heavy as they are.

For me, the jars have forced me to rethink the organization and fitment, which is a good thing. I'm in a better spot now as far as organizing goes, even with the mix of jars, tins, cans and mylar.

I'm going to have to try to set this situation up purposefully. :lol1:
I haven't tried chewing on a flake or twist with perique. Best Brown twist isn't bad to chew. If you're into that.

Been on a short vacation and got home to a p&c order. Lotsa baccy, a couple nice pouches, and two stanwell pipes.

20220907_182735.jpg
20220907_182757.jpg
20220907_182856.jpg
20220907_182958.jpg
20220907_183045.jpg

Top Bottom