What's new
  • The Annual Sue Moore Auction is now running from 19 - 21 October. Every year proceeds from this auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Please take a look at the items that are available this year, as there is sure to be something of interest to everyone!

Brown Bag Soap

Has anyone tried any of these products? Seeing as I am so impressed with the Mama Bear soaps I have been looking at other soap makers and came across these. Any feedback?

I have to stay of this board for awhile. I have to many soaps in the mail on the way as it is. I have ordered from Both Mama Bear and Honeybee soaps. I guess I shoud be happy that no one has discovered a new cream.

I switch back and forth between the creams and soaps but prefer the close shave of a soap as compared to the creams, so they will get used. One good thing about the soaps, if you don't care for them for shaving, they make a fine bath soap as well.

Bud

letterk said:
Are you trying to make us all broke?

Sorry:blushing: This is just the first of three new (to me at least) soap makers I have found. Time to really dig into those pockets everyone.

Here's the list of ingredients:

Shaving Soap Ingredients
Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, & Safflower Oil saponified by Sodium Hydroxide, Water, Glycerin, Sorbitol (moisturizer), Sorbitan oleate (emulsifier), Soy bean protein (conditioner), Aloe Vera Gel, Bentonite Clay; One of the following: Sunflower oil,Avocado oil, Apricot Kernel oil; Fragrance and/or essential oils, cosmetic-grade colorants.

finegelernt said:
While googling, I found a site where someone posted reviews of many soaps. I have no idea who this guy is but he is very opinionated and seems to have tried virtually all shaving soaps on the market. He has a bit of info on brownbag soap.

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/vgable/shaving/soapreviews.html

Just know that he haunts the shaving forums, and also contributes. Now...if I could just remember who he is!!! :rolleyes:

Randy

I have Brown Bag Bay Rum soap. The lather is great and the sent is very good! QED bay rum is more intense. Brown Bag is a different type of Bay Rum scent. I like it better that Colonel Conk.

rtaylor61 said:
Just know that he haunts the shaving forums, and also contributes. Now...if I could just remember who he is!!! :rolleyes:

Randy

He goes by stuff495 on SMF. Nice guy, but he seems to have seriously sensitive skin.

Top Bottom