What's new

Brotherhood of the Traveling Slant-version 3.0

I want to give a try, add me to the list.

DD
Sorry man, I think you'll have to wait for the next round. :sad: See post below:
As of this post, the list is closed (since we are already looking at a 6 month+ wait for the guys at the end).

The last person on the list, can then decide how he wants to continue this PIF.
Maybe Guinness Draught will let you know when he starts up the next thread.

In anticipation of receiving the slant this week, I started shaving at night.

There was a box waiting for me today :001_rolle:001_rolle:001_rolle
full
BTW, thanks for the pic. It would be cool if everybody posted a shot when they get the package. Kind of a visual log of the travel.:thumbup1:

Last edited by a moderator:
@nrdoty: I'm after you on the list and I'm CONUS, so we are all good there :thumbup:

I really like the picture idea! Also, while not a requirement, let's keep the updates going. I want to hear if you like the slant, which blades you used, etc.

@nrdoty: I'm after you on the list and I'm CONUS, so we are all good there :thumbup:

I really like the picture idea! Also, while not a requirement, let's keep the updates going. I want to hear if you like the slant, which blades you used, etc.

Cool, thanks Rey! I was just curious, but good to know.

The more updates and pics the better.

When I had it I used the following:
Red Pack Personna's (favorite blade)
Astra SP (one of my favorites in a straight bar)
And, something else...don't remember, I didn't like it.

Several soaps/creams (Cella, Mama Bears, Benton Clay, Tabac, TOBS SS, KMF, Proraso).

I face lathered, bowl lathered, but really all that mattered to me was the blade. As long as I used the personna, it was a great shaver. I will get one some day.

The more updates and pics the better.

When I had it I used the following:
Red Pack Personna's (favorite blade)
Astra SP (one of my favorites in a straight bar)
And, something else...don't remember, I didn't like it.

Several soaps/creams (Cella, Mama Bears, Benton Clay, Tabac, TOBS SS, KMF, Proraso).

I face lathered, bowl lathered, but really all that mattered to me was the blade. As long as I used the personna, it was a great shaver. I will get one some day.

So just to note, your go-to blade is a Personna Red, so that held true with the slant? I have only tried 4 diff blades but the Feather is my favorite so far to use in my Krona by a long shot. But I'm sorta afraid to use them in a slant. Maybe that's silly, but I don't know. The Reds are my second favorite if the Feathers are to harsh.

So just to note, your go-to blade is a Personna Red, so that held true with the slant? I have only tried 4 diff blades but the Feather is my favorite so far to use in my Krona by a long shot. But I'm sorta afraid to use them in a slant. Maybe that's silly, but I don't know. The Reds are my second favorite if the Feathers are to harsh.

My go-to blades are Red pack Personna's and Astra SP...I'm still working through a sampler, as well. Haven't put a Feather in any razor yet, but I will be soon. I found I liked the Personna and the Astra's so I bought several and haven't really been working through the rest of my sampler.

I did find that the Personnas were more comfortable in the slant than the Astra SP's. I didn't try more than 3 blades in the slant, and I stuck with my favs. You never know, I may prefer something completely different, but just didn't get to it.

In my black handle SS, Astra SP is my favorite so far (there are other comfortable shaves, I had a couple great shaves with a Gillette 7'oclock green, but only had one blade at the time to test).

My go-to blades are Red pack Personna's and Astra SP...I'm still working through a sampler, as well. Haven't put a Feather in any razor yet, but I will be soon. I found I liked the Personna and the Astra's so I bought several and haven't really been working through the rest of my sampler.

I did find that the Personnas were more comfortable in the slant than the Astra SP's. I didn't try more than 3 blades in the slant, and I stuck with my favs. You never know, I may prefer something completely different, but just didn't get to it.

In my black handle SS, Astra SP is my favorite so far (there are other comfortable shaves, I had a couple great shaves with a Gillette 7'oclock green, but only had one blade at the time to test).

I'm sure there not for everybody, but definitely give the Feathers a go. I was afraid to try them at first as many are, but I have been getting smoother, closer, faster shaves with them. Plus cuts and weepers have almost went to nil.

That being said the Krona is a very middle-of-the-road kind of razor in aggressiveness. I hope to have tried all of my sample blades by the time the slant makes it my way. I'll probably start with a milder blade and go from there.

I'm sure there not for everybody, but definitely give the Feathers a go. I was afraid to try them at first as many are, but I have been getting smoother, closer, faster shaves with them. Plus cuts and weepers have almost went to nil.

That being said the Krona is a very middle-of-the-road kind of razor in aggressiveness. I hope to have tried all of my sample blades by the time the slant makes it my way. I'll probably start with a milder blade and go from there.

I'm not afraid of the feathers, just haven't gotten to them yet as I like the shaves I was getting, so stopped working through my sampler.

I'm thinking my 70's SS is about the same as your Krona (middle of the road), so I'm hoping the Feathers, Gillettes, Bolzano's, all treat me well.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
As of this post, the list is closed (since we are already looking at a 6 month+ wait for the guys at the end).
As usual, I am a day late and a dollar short. To those on the list, please post your comments on this nice looking piece of steel.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
BTW, thanks for the pic. It would be cool if everybody posted a shot when they get the package. Kind of a visual log of the travel.:thumbup1:
Having read a few of these traveling threads, I agree. It is good to see what different people do with it.

Is everybody on the list at least CONUS?

I'm not CONUS but still US (Alaska). Pkrankow, if shipping is an issue, I'll be glad to cover it. As long as the box doesn't get huge it, shipping rate shouldn't be much more than normal.

KDGage,
I'll follow up on that when we get there. Flat rate should be the same.
Phil

You'll have to double check, but a small flat rate box is like $5 and some change. That might be the best bet for most of us, but if the weight is low enough, first class plus delivery confirmation may be less. Depending on the weight.

I was traveling over the weekend and did not want to risk forgetting the slant somewhere or having TSA do something to it.

I had an amazing shave this morning, 3rd day with a Dorco 301 and Cella.

Tomorrow is the big test. I will have a brand new Feather in it.

I never tried it with a feather...I've since used a feather in my black handled SS, i like them. I'll have to try again someday.

So I took my time this morning and had a two pass plus touch up GREAT shave. Feather blades can be a little rough on me the first 2 shaves but I have a nice smooth face!!!!

full

I gave myself the full treatment, with some AoS Preshave oil and witch Hazel after the shave and AoS Lavendar Balm to top it off!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom