The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0041 - Edited.jpg

SOTD Tuesday 5-08-19
Pears Transparent Soap
Arko
Pearl open comb
Yaqi R1605-S Resin Tuxedo
Aqua Velva Aftershave (Spanish Version) by Williams
For some as yet unknown reason, I find a lighter aluminum handle helps me to cope better with the the aggressiveness of the Pearl open comb razor.

For some as yet unknown reason, I find a lighter aluminum handle helps me to cope better with the the aggressiveness of the Pearl open comb razor.

I have never used a Pearl but I find the weight comment to be just the opposite for me. The lighter the razor the more mechanical action I need to apply. The heavier the razor, the more willing I am to let the tool do the work. It's funny how people in the same situations react so differently :)

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
I have never used a Pearl but I find the weight comment to be just the opposite for me. The lighter the razor the more mechanical action I need to apply. The heavier the razor, the more willing I am to let the tool do the work. It's funny how people in the same situations react so differently :)
All I know is that this particular razor, which is very aggressive, gave me more nicks with a heavier handle.

All I know is that this particular razor, which is very aggressive, gave me more nicks with a heavier handle.
Light handles all the way for me. :001_smile
upload_2019-5-7_1-52-31.png

The way I look at it is that I want to control the razor, not vice versa. But then, as Granny used to say; "One man's meat is another man's poison."

OC SOTD

Razor:
Fatip Butterscotch :001_wub:
Blade: Personna Red (5)
Brush: Tiny Shavemac D01 2-Band
Soap: Proraso Red
ASL: Proraso Red
upload_2019-5-7_13-46-10.png

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0023 - Edited (3).jpg

SOTD 5-09-19

Castle Forbes Unscented Pre Shave
Barrister and Mann Cheshire Shaving Soap
RazoRock SLOC / Nacet (1)
RazoRock Amici Noir Plissoft
Original Old Spice aftershave (India)​

I need to ask a Fatip question to you all... I keep reading and seeing reviews about the Fatip having problems with blade alignment. Some of these reviews are pretty damning. What gives? Do you guys have issues? I wear glasses and don't see really well without them. I do check blade exposure but once I'm comfortable with a razors ability to align, I trust that it will do it. Are the reviews and concerns blown out of proportion?

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0003 - Edited.jpg

Five of my favorite open comb razors in order of aggressiveness (IMHO).
Left to right: RazoRock SLOC, Gillette ball end gold NEW long comb,
Schone gold open comb, Pearl open comb, and Muhle R41

OC SOTD

Razor:
Fatip Mk1 Butterscotch :001_wub:
Blade: Personna Red (7)
Brush: Tiny Shavemac D01 2-Band
Soap: Proraso Red
ASL: Proraso Red
upload_2019-5-9_18-16-18.png

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh