What's new

Brotherhood of the Boar

I’ve been using a Semogue 620 on and off for quite sometime and it’s getting very soft. Even though not all the hairs have split ends.
I have an omega 10065 with the hairs having split ends (I let it soak in cold water for 3 days to break in) but it’s not as soft yet. I’ve only been using the omega on and off for less than a month.

For those that have omega and Semogue, is one softer than the other after they are broken in?

My experience is that Semogues take longer to break in, but are softer once you get them there.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
I only have three boar brushes in my weekly rotation: Semogue Excelsior 830, Omega 10065, and vintage Kent K31.
Because the 20-year-old Kent has clipped bristles, it has never bloomed, but I still like it because of its small size.
The Semogue 830 is my go to boar. Slower to bloom, but still a pleasure to use for bowl and mug lathering.

DSCF0002 - Edited (2).jpg DSCF0001 - Edited.jpg DSCF0007 - Edited.jpg

I only have three boar brushes in my weekly rotation: Semogue Excelsior 830, Omega 10065, and vintage Kent K31.
Because the 20-year-old Kent has clipped bristles, it has never bloomed, but I still like it because of its small size.
The Semogue 830 is my go to boar. Slower to bloom, but still a pleasure to use for bowl and mug

Nice collection.
Last week I switched to an all boar rotation, my Semogue 620 and Omega 10065. Even though the Semogue is an older brush, the hairs didn’t completely turn into split ends.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Thanks. My 830 is taking its time to fully bloom -- if in fact such a state exists -- but it always creates a great lather.

7AEAD91D-4204-4385-A14C-D77D16F8453F.jpeg
Hello all. Please observe my boars.
I started with the cheap Omega which came with the saucy little stand and Omega shave soap.
Then the Semogue and lastly the Jade boar from Connaught.
The Semogue was a tough one. Couldn’t get a good lather with it for a while. The other two were great right from the off.

Will you let me in?

My two boar brushes i got two weeks ago in a PIF, the Omega 49 and Wilkinson sword classic shave premium edition, both fantastic brushes! Before i got these i used to use a cheap synthetic which cant begin to compete with a boar!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

My two boar brushes i got two weeks ago in a PIF, the Omega 49 and Wilkinson sword classic shave premium edition, both fantastic brushes! Before i got these i used to use a cheap synthetic which cant begin to compete with a boar!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

A very generous offer! Nice brushes and razor. Happy shaves!!! :)

I should join the brotherhood, boars are my favorite. I currently have an Omega 10104, that I got used at a meet raffle and have used almost daily for over five years, and an Omega B&B anniversary boar. I use an Omega S-brush for travel.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0008 - Edited.jpg

Maggard Slant w/MRG handle / Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complec Boar / Arko
Had to give the Yaqi a try. Still breaking in. Some shedding, but keeping my fingers crossed that it will stop.

My favorite brush of all: vintage Rubberset 400 with its original boar knot. I own several badger brushes that I love, but this is the king of all my brushes.

Attachments

• Brush.jpg
    Brush.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 15
I have the Proraso branded Omega. I like it enough to never even consider other expensive brushes. My first one was a small badger and I got the same size badger as a present. Both are fine, but I wouldn't pick them over my boar.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0005 - Edited (6).jpg

I have been using my Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complex Boar for about six weeks. Still some shedding but the bristles have become surprisingly soft compared to my two Semogues, which have had much more use.

Top Bottom