What's new

Brotherhood of Above The Tie Shavers (BATTS)

When you own the best razor ever made, what razor do you buy next? Well you buy another one of the best razors ever made!

IMAG1009_1.jpg

I took advantage of the ATT sale and bought another SE1, with a Kronos handle this time and an inkwell stand.

The only difference is in the baseplate, one is stamped with 2016 and the new doesn't have a year stamped on it! Same perfect shave!

I couldn't resist any longer and picked up Windsor R head. Should have it here in a few weeks. Hopefully before Christmas.

Much as I love my SE1, I also love my regular R plate razor from ATT. The Windsor should be a step up.

Can't wait to get it and put it to use.

Hey David - muchisimas gracias. Lo mismo para ti y tu familia.

Yes, I have some nice stuff. With the Windsor R coming, I should be set for another good while.

By the way, I learned something... the SE1 with the right blade I really like. But I can never get my upper lip as close as I want. But with the R plate, I can. Each style and it's difference in blades had it's advantages and drawbacks.

So for now, I'm back to the R plate. Then in another 10 days or so, to the Windsor R.

Feliz Navidad y prospero año nuevo.

I’ve developed a new appreciation for my R plates. For a while they took a back seat to the H plates, but this past OCtober I was able to get comparable shaves with both the R and H plates, of course with the R plate a gentler ride. I may have to work on my M plate technique next!

Cheers buddy!

When you own the best razor ever made, what razor do you buy next? Well you buy another one of the best razors ever made!

View attachment 931058

I took advantage of the ATT sale and bought another SE1, with a Kronos handle this time and an inkwell stand.

The only difference is in the baseplate, one is stamped with 2016 and the new doesn't have a year stamped on it! Same perfect shave!

There is still the Atlas and Colossus:a30:. I'm thinking about a Colossus myself. If you truly get bored
order one "plated".

I am a little late posting this, but Stan has retired from Above The Tie, leaving it in the capable hands of his son, Mike.

Best of luck to Stan, a great razor designer with some of the best customer service ever.

I just got an ATT Atlas with the R baseplate this weekend and had a shave with it yesterday. This along with my Karve is basically a perfect razor, in basically every aspect: weight, control, efficiency, smoothness, grip, precision of the head... everything. I was really blown away by it. I'm finding that 3" handles are the ones I have the most comfort with, and this is absolutely a daily driver razor that I could take to a desert island. Plus the barber pole handle is beyond nice looking. It's almost like using a souped up Merkur 34C or something. This has almost immediately become one of my top razors.

Great sale on at ATT...so good that I picked up a Colossus with the S2 Slant Open Comb. Haven't even put a blade in it yet but it sure looks great!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I picked up a Colossus with the S2 Slant Open Comb. Haven't even put a blade in it yet but it sure looks great!

I had the SE1/SE2 combo pack. [Elmer Fudd]"Scawy. Vewy, vewy scawy."[/Elmer Fudd]

I traded off the SE1 head for an S2 head. I still have the SE2 head, but am open to trades for it.

If you're like me, poor fellow, you will find that S2 is possibly the best razor you've ever used. I find it notable for the fact that it doesn't make me notice it and accommodate for its shortcomings. It's like a BMW motorcycle to me: it's built to a very high standard, it comes with some serious street cred, and it's always ready to do its job without making me negotiate with it or have to fiddle with it to get it working.

You won't have that realization until after you've been through about 10 blades on it, and you're starting to forget what colour your blood is because you haven't seen it in a while.

Besides, you can use one single razor and take part in three whole months of special events (at least): SLANTember, OCtober and DEcember. You'll be one of the cool kids.

O.H.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
ATT Shave this morning:

G1/PTFE (3)
Williams new

I've been playing with the G1 lately -- it just screams potential to me. I've made some modifications that I can say are "suggestive" that this razor can be more than it is out of the box. Hmmm...I guess I've turned into an ATT fanboy. [shrug] I keep playing with it, and keep sharing my results with Matt.

I heard from him that they've sold out of the G1 now. Still some hooks and top plates around, I guess. If you've got one, hang onto it! They seem to intend to revisit it at some point, but not until after a few other projects come out.

O.H.

ATT Shave this morning:

G1/PTFE (3)
Williams new

I've been playing with the G1 lately -- it just screams potential to me. I've made some modifications that I can say are "suggestive" that this razor can be more than it is out of the box. Hmmm...I guess I've turned into an ATT fanboy. [shrug] I keep playing with it, and keep sharing my results with Matt.

I heard from him that they've sold out of the G1 now. Still some hooks and top plates around, I guess. If you've got one, hang onto it! They seem to intend to revisit it at some point, but not until after a few other projects come out.

O.H.

Any hints on the "other projects"?

Top Bottom