What's new

Brotherhood of Above The Tie Shavers (BATTS)

I hope it's not presumptuous to get this going here (and I don't necessarily know the guidelines for starting a club), but given there's been good support on the "Above the Tie, Above the Crowd" thread for an official B&B ATT club, I figured someone had to finally take the first step!

It seems that ATT razors are now getting both the praise and the orders they deserve, with the new slant designs in particular taking over top spots in many of our collections. Since the ATT system offers so much variation at such consistently high quality, those dedicated to Stan's stainless steel wonders deserve a place to gather and fraternize, to share knowledge and guide those new to these Greek-monikered beauties. And we have an emblem we can now display proudly, from M1 to S2: B.A.T.T.S. -- the Brotherhood of Above The Tie Shavers!

Who's in?

To start things off, here's my entry point, an Atlas S2, which in two weeks has become my best razor yet. (A Kronos H2 is now en route!)

$IMG_4486.jpg

Last edited:
Count me in!

Kronos M1 here - every day. My other razor sits untouched since the ATT entered the picture.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Count me in!

Kronos M1 here - every day. My other razor sits untouched since the ATT entered the picture.

Beautiful pics! If I weren't so enamored of the S2 at the moment I'd be more tempted to check out the M1 or M2. Maybe at some point down the line. I've not liked mild razors previously, but I've heard these aren't SO mild, and I'm sure my still-beginner skills aren't making best use of a mild design. Sure is a beautiful razor, though.

Welcome to B.A.T.T.S. :thumbup1:

I'll proudly display the BATTS signal in my signature! My S2 has quite easily become my favorite razor, and it fits nicely in another of my favorite pieces of shave equipment, the ATT Travel Case. I've also got an M2 that has seen some good use since I've gotten it. I pair these fabulous heads with an Atlas handle that is the perfect size for me.

$IMG_1673.jpg

I'll proudly display the BATTS signal in my signature! My S2 has quite easily become my favorite razor, and it fits nicely in another of my favorite pieces of shave equipment, the ATT Travel Case. I've also got an M2 that has seen some good use since I've gotten it. I pair these fabulous heads with an Atlas handle that is the perfect size for me.

View attachment 546911

I'm honored to be accepted into the Club, thank you David!

Love that pic Justin. The ATT travel case is beautiful. I may have to put that on my list.

What's that brass case - for blades I assume? Where can I find one of those - very cool!

Love that pic Justin. The ATT travel case is beautiful. I may have to put that on my list.

What's that brass case - for blades I assume? Where can I find one of those - very cool!

Thanks :thumbup1: The case is definitely worth the purchase. The brass case is one of those vintage Gillette blade holders that came with many of their sets. There are many different varieties of them with different platings.

Welcome Justin! The more BATTS signals, the better. Since you're familiar with the S2 and the M2 now, how would you say they compare? I've seen a lot of folks say that the S2 feels like the M2, but shaves with the efficiency of an R2. To me, that makes me want to just skip the M2 because, well, why not have even more efficiency? But assuming that's even true, do you find other qualities in the M2 that have you reaching for it over the S2 on certain days?

Count me in as well. I bought the 7 pc. set with Atlas, Kronos handles and M2, R2, and H2 heads. I've shaved with the Atlas R2 everyday for the last year.

Count me in as well. I bought the 7 pc. set with Atlas, Kronos handles and M2, R2, and H2 heads. I've shaved with the Atlas R2 everyday for the last year.

I'd say you meet the (admittedly terribly mysterious) qualifications and then some! Step on into the B.A.T.T.S. cave, Joe!

Wow - nice photos men! Here is my gear - minus my S2 head:

I try to rotate through them all - Friday morning I used the Atlas H2, today the Atlas H1. I enjoy them all!

What a great time to be a wet shaver!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard Joe! Sounds like you could be our Veteran ATT shaver here at 1 year daily use? :thumbup1:

davidsilva,

WOW what a beautiful case to keep them in! Great to have you aboard also. :w00t:

An interesting note... So far at this point we're all West Coast (or Western states with Joe in LV) residents. Don't know about Skinny though, he does not indicate.

WOW what a beautiful case to keep them in! Great to have you aboard also. :w00t:

Agreed, that case is lovely. If I end up with any more stuff from Stan, I'm going to have to figure out a storage solution as well. Also: welcome! I knew we'd see you here, davidsilva!

I am a batts man too from Southeast Pennsylvania. Atlas Handle, M2, R1, S1, S2

Now we've spanned the continent, officially. You are hereby anointed a Brother, jackgoldman. Nice ATT collection, too -- you'll have to post some pictures for us to drool over! Do you have a favorite from among those base plates?

Top Bottom