What's new

Brompton & Langley anyone?

Just wondering if anyone has tried this shaving cream..
I'm in the Toronto area, Canada and after liking the face scrub, I'm looking to try out the shaving cream but thought I'd search around for some feedback..

Can't seem to find any though.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I have a tub of it myself and it appears that the product is now discontinued? I have the balm and face scrub and both products are good but I am not a fan of the shave cream. It is hard to lather up and there are many better creams in its price range. But now that you’ve mentioned it I might pull out the tub and give it another go.

Hmmmm. Well that might explain why it's available in just about every Winners (discount shop in Canada) that I've been too.

The strange thing is that when I bought the scrub back in the summer, the person said that it's a new product that they're starting to sell.
I'm guessing it was only new to them. Lol

Pottertons I was going to mention that I got mine at Winners! Can't find it anywhere else really. As I mentioned it isn't my fav cream, not very slick, doesn't lather well and dries a bit quickly. I would imagine that is why it probably tanked. Really any Proraso is better.

Agreed. While I'm still fairly new to all of this (even though my wallet must feel like I'm a veteran already) I'm definitely realizing why Proraso gets so much respect.
The density is so much thicker than the other creams I have by some distance.

...but, I digress. B&L will now be shelved. On to the next discovery. :)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
BTTT. Just picked this up, $5, discount place.

Suspect it's non-lathering, but if so, wife will use!

Smells great, anyways. Was hoping to find AoS stuff.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
This ... *stuff* ... appears to be a non-lathering ook.

I did get a really good shave with it, and THEN, using a Nacet (which I think are kinda rough), so.

Mixed review. I put soap over it, so I'm not even sure. Will try again before gifting it.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Tried to whip this mess with a brush this morning and wound up with a chalky-looking wet shave bowl! O, Canada!

So it's non-lathering, but actually does pretty well as an "ook" or non-lathering shave butter type of thing.

Suspect it would clog a cart, but that won't happen to me.

Gifting to wife for lady-leg-shower-shaving, where these non-lathering ooks do very well. Soap lathers get hit with shower streams and are gone; these gluey ooks resist shower blasts to a degree.

AA

Top Bottom