What's new

Broman Razor Start-up

I recently recently received an update email from the Broman team. I wanted to hear that production had completed and shipping was underway. But no. The language they used was... well... shall we say... equivocal at best.

The project appears to have been beset by delays since I subscribed in August 2018. Does anyone have any inside news?

Arived today after 2 years somehow I do not trust that plastic cap much

Attachments

• 82410374-EB38-4C6A-A97F-1B39B1212EE5.jpeg
    82410374-EB38-4C6A-A97F-1B39B1212EE5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
First impressions are mixed
The spring action is very soft mild bit slow dampened compared to a oneblade or focus might loosen up
The cap holding the blade is uhhhhh plasticy will be interesting to see how long it will work.
A snapped blades spines will stick out
The base is very cheap plastic not closing proper
The handle itselve looks and feels good

now Finding the guts to use it ;-)

Cheers Ivo. Mine hasn’t hit the post office box yet. Thanks for the photo.

It looks much like the promos portrayed it. The plastic facing was always something which interested me.

Thanks for your comparison to the OneBlade and Focus. I have used Core, Hybrid and Genesis and like them all. Genesis most of all. I have not used the Focus. I am interested how the first shave goes.

Cheers
Wal

First slaughter uh shave
Could not resist so I put a Gilette silver blue in and.....
The glide is much better as expected
The feedback of the blade is there a little bit more blade noise as a oneblade or focus which are very quiet and not as much as a noisy merkur futur.
Not sure about the amount of pressure needed or not needed nor the very low feedback pivot pressure of the head. The head moves though. Head is wider so just like a oneblade under your nose.
I would grade it as more agressive as a genesis but without the efficiency aka known as a bit hairy minced meat result.
Feels a bit like a bad placed blade in an r48 (which is no fun either). Though that will still result in no stubble and some skin left lol
So a bloody Christmas glad I have a oneblade core to safely shave over that battlefield in the coming days.
this puppy needs some training lol and a band aid

Attachments

• 0C683E26-EDF1-4805-AFFA-9A5A337B1B2D.jpeg
    0C683E26-EDF1-4805-AFFA-9A5A337B1B2D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
It is a nice razor though it looks and feels a bit like. But joking aside hope to give it a next go next week with hopefully nicer results

Attachments

• 17FC924A-6D2A-4E0A-B359-9BB538704ED0.jpeg
    17FC924A-6D2A-4E0A-B359-9BB538704ED0.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 13
Ok a relaxed Sunday, going for a second try and hopefully not singing a famous u2 song in the proces.

I put my *** down in the steamsauna and started with my stirlingmenthol pre shave soap scrubing. Followed by stirlings pine sheep ending with stirling witch-hazel menthol and some floid asb.
The blade of choice was persona from broman (which have two holes in them?).
Brush was my brushguy synthetic and a big mortar as shaving bowl
i shaved my beards one day and to test some months growth of body hear.
Technique no pressure and carefully no side slipping using the pivot mildly (more like a oneblade genesis or even a heavy de).
The glide of the broman is super it really is.
I got a very dfs without real irritation no cuts no weepers.
The body hair was the real surprise. Usually I take my grandpas open comb Gillette lawnmower for it. But the broman did it superb. Big patches of hair passing straight through without clogging easy shaking loose in water. Just for this I want to keep it!

blade thingies, mine has a slight lift of the blade one side compared to the other the blade loads straight

it is not as easy loading as a oneblade and not as tricky as a focus r48. The cap is plastic so time will tell.

That it was a DFS is encouraging. I’m used to core, hybrid and genesis so will bear your experience in mind. Will post when received and used.

Will be interesting to see if you see some blade lift towards one side. It is not much but it is there. Just handle it like it is a genesis (no pressure)
And make a very good prep most likely my problem but time will tell already happy to have good armpit monster

Top Bottom