What's new

Broman Pivot Head Razor

I'm guessing that it is hard to launch a product, especially if you are a one person company. Perhaps at least they could have a pre scripted email to let people know "hey, I'll get back to you as soon as possible" would be better than no response at all. I'm disappointed that there are some production issues and hope that they get ironed out. Still somewhat patiently waiting on mine.

The communications part is going to hurt for sure. If there are true quality issues (would not surprise me) and they keep up that communication part it is going to be worse. A shame nice razor would be a shame if he went belly up

Would be a shame. This idea is so good. The pivot is the only good thing about modern cartridge razors. Mixing it with traditional double edge blades is perfect. I have a Leaf and love it for shaving my head, but it is a bit large for some areas on my face. This should be a perfect companion if it works nicely. Hopefully once it's been around a while and has time to mature, maybe they can make an all metal or stainless steel version of it. I'll definitely buy it!

I like it as a razor and though it is a lot less agile as a focus dynamic again under the nose big head.
It’s much better glide, non clogging, easier and foolproof blade change make it a very nice razor.
I think if they made a longer handle rose gold version it could be a serious nail in the lady carts razors coffin.
Wishes....
Ok add a non slip strip on both sides.
Make the spring a bit stronger.
Make sure the plastic blade retainer is serviceable and stays in one piece.

I had similar non communication during those two years it was allready a write of. But in the end he came through. I have to assume he had lots of manufacturing issues, write offs, personal issues etc.

Though at this moment I think that communication part is his Achilles heel.

The razor has a nice concept with the cartridge like pivot, but with a de blade. I am also concerned about the communication because if something does go wrong will they respond back and try to help their customers or will they ignore them in hopes that it goes away. I am hoping a stainless steel version is made, but again nervous about the customer support if I would want to buy again the way they have ignored a lot of people.

Well lets hope broman lurks around in the b&b shadows and understands where they need to improve ASAP to keep a positive flow and prevent negative reviews.

Stainless, titanium, duraluminum, brass pretty sure it will look nice in those metals and in other colors. But for now I hope they focus on qc and customer relations.

Though it would not surprise me if a Chinese company would rip them soon.

Just an update
So far the broman did not break or anything else.
Someone asked does it perform well with other blades?
Yes it does, to me it is not a picky razor at all blade wise.
So far I tried
Gilette platinum
Gillette silver blue
Gilette Nacet
Gillette black
Perma sharp
Bic chrome platinum
Derby premium
Most of them will give me 4-7 days for half a de
Nice razor to clean out some old try a blade stock.

Just an update
So far the broman did not break or anything else.
Someone asked does it perform well with other blades?
Yes it does, to me it is not a picky razor at all blade wise.
So far I tried
Gilette platinum
Gillette silver blue
Gilette Nacet
Gillette black
Perma sharp
Bic chrome platinum
Derby premium
Most of them will give me 4-7 days for half a de
Nice razor to clean out some old try a blade stock.

That's good to hear!

I'm looking forward to getting mine. I got a notice a couple of weeks ago saying it was finally on its way. But with the virus on top of clearing customs, it just might take awhile. I have a zillion different blades to try out with it.

So I finally got the thing this past Monday!
Been using it with Israeli Reds and can say that I really like it for MILD daily work shaves.
It's definitely mild, but in a good Gillette Tech kind of way.
If you need BBS, possibly best to use a more aggressive razor. But this definitely provides a nice DFS with no irritation that lasts more than my shift.
I love the blend of old school tried and true de blades mixed with the modern idiot proof angle maintaining pivot.
Most work days I don't care to have a "luxurious" 20 minute shave. I just need to get to work on time.
This is perfect for that, plus I get to use my 3 lifetimes worth of de blades that I have collected over the past 15 years.
Tomorrow I will do a head shave with it to see how that goes.
If it goes well, I might have just replaced a lot of favorite razors, including my beloved Gillette Adjustable Slim and the Leaf for head shaves.
Like others have mentioned, I also wish the cap was more metal instead of plastic.
And perhaps an option for a less mild shave when needed.
So far it has been well worth the wait.
But if you are in this for all the other things that make wetshaving so awesome, you might not care for this. YMMV.

Have fun it is a nice mild shaver.
Most likely if you use kai you will get a sliver more blade exposure and aggressiveness

Finally got a reply from Broman after some prompting. They suggested the razor was closed when the blade had not been placed in it squarely, causing the flap to be sliced while closing. Not sure about that myself.
Nevertheless they are sending me a replacement. That was two weeks ago. England to Australia coupled with the current international post problems might take it longer than that I suspect. Good of them to replace it though.

Finally got a reply from Broman after some prompting. They suggested the razor was closed when the blade had not been placed in it squarely, causing the flap to be sliced while closing. Not sure about that myself.
Nevertheless they are sending me a replacement. That was two weeks ago. England to Australia coupled with the current international post problems might take it longer than that I suspect. Good of them to replace it though.
Wow you must have been using the sharpest blade ever 😂

The flap has a Bevel on that spot so it is thin but I doubt that was the cause the plastic is much harder as the first generation triton one blades core where you could easily cut the blade stops of. And the angle is wrong. Pretty sure it was a hidden crack. Let’s hope it is an oddity and the op receives his replacement fast

I wish they had figured a way to make it some kind of metal instead of plastic, and just a tad bit more aggressive, and it would be one of my all time favorites. I'm still liking it very much though!

It definitely likes more aggressive blades (kai, nacet, feather).
But it is not a very picky razor, shaves with most blades.

They could have made that cap from some type of spring metal but metal clips will bend or wear down.
They could have chosen for a set of interface plates giving slightly more blade exposure. But it would make it more fuzzy and fragile.
A better decision would be replaceable heads with more or less blade exposure and making the wearing moving parts replaceable in the proces

I received the replacement razor today in the post. Not a bad lag time in these current troubled times. Not only that but I received another pouch, stand and blades. Apart from the initial delay in replying to me, Broman Team after-sales care has been good. I look forward to trying out a few different blades.

Top Bottom