What's new

Broman Pivot Head Razor

Has anyone received the Broman and realize it isn't for them? It's been 50:50 for me on crowd funding so I don't do it very often - still waiting on an indiegogo from 2 years ago [emoji2357]. I've debated on ordering one to try out but thought I'd ask the forum before doing so. Cheers all. [emoji106]

Josh

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Grinn it surprised me that it arrived at all. But for the rest nice and easy shaving razor no regrets

To put it in perspective
If I would have had it before my focus dynamic r48&r50 I would not have ordered those. It nicely fills the gap of wishes between my oneblade genesis and core. And I am going to put that genesis on fleebay in due time. Only grip I have how is the longevity...

Last edited:
I see Kensurfs had just put a video out on it. 700 odd views after the first 2 hours when I saw it. That will get the interest up.

For some reason I find the Hybrid occasionally bites me. I have had no such difficulty with the Genesis. To my mind there is no doubt the Genesis gives a closer shave than the Core. Even so, the Core gives a reasonable shave and the Hybrid a bit better than that.

I find the Broman gives a marginally better shave than the Core but not as good as the Genesis.

I normally use T0BS or Trumpers. I don’t notice any difference in glide for the OB razors.

There are two things I find mildly irritating about the Broman. After completing a stroke there is an audible loud click. It doesn’t seem to happen in any other pivoting head razor I use. My OCD doesn’t like it.

The second is, after a stroke of the razor, soap remains on my face. If you look at the most recent YouTube video put out by Broman, the same happens to that bloke. I am used to remaining soap as an indication I have not dialled in a DE razor well enough. The soap shows I have not properly shaved the area where the soap is left over. That is not the case with the Broman. What it means is, I think, the soap is on the trailing edge of the head and is left after the razor has passed by and cut the stubble.

Cheers
Grinn for me that is the genesis who can give a love bite out of the blue.
No hybrid overhere.

If I am in a hurry all the tilting head razors make some clicking sounds of the head returning (broman, oneblade g&c, focus dynamic r48/50).

Hey guys,
Newbie around here. While I wanted to join the conversation for awhile, I felt compelled to tell of my experience with this company. Sorry for the long winded post and rant. I normally don't do this, but this company deserves the blast.

I like many, was eagerly awaiting this razor. I looked perfect for my head shaves. Despite the not so stellar history behind the development (delays and non communication), I ordered once it became "readily" available on their site. About a week went by with no shipping notification or any word from them. I send a email, and am ignored. I then see a post on their FB page, bragging about how well their have been received, and are sold out. Myself and 3 other users start going to work wondering what is going on. I'm starting to get ticked off at this point, because it looked like some serious shadiness on their part. We are told our orders were put in, and we were before the "significant stock" reduction. I was even emailed by the owner stating my order would go out ASAP. The next day and the weekend goes by with nothing. So today I again took to their page fed up, and want a refund. They did refund me, and also blocked me from their page. This was also the case of another customer I was in contact with. They admitted on their own accord they were not prepared for the influx of attention they had received. We pretty much came to the conclusion they had oversold, and were trying to buy time until they could get some stock in. There is no logical reason not to ship out to paying customers, especially after it come to public attention. So I would steer clear of this company, unless you absolutely have to have this razor. I wish i would have listened to my own common sense before hand.

Well they surprised me actually to deliver something after two years.. in that period I tried to contact them with no real answers as a result.
So for me it was a write off
Then you get an email that they are going to deliver?
Me yeah right April 1.....
But they did
And meeeeej it is most likely a dud and it will not shave or take my face off fancy potato peeler.
first shave was crap (my mistake)

butttttt with a decent prep it emerged as a nice shaver and a keeper.

this however does not change the awkward communication experience of the company with several of its customers.
I hope they own their internal problems and better accordingly...

First post, but reader for awhile. I have been on a pivoting razor head kick lately and have the Broman, Focus r50, Leaf, and Oneblade. They are all different, but fun to try. I am sorry to hear all the individuals that have not received their razor or had a lack of communication from the company.

Rofl 🤣 only one I do not have from that list is the leaf. And of course there still is the beluga. But for now i am happy with the broman.

I got in my Gillette Guard from India the other day. (Not to be confused with the Skinguard). I am still awaiting my Broman Razor, but I'm seriously hoping this thing can shave like the Guard! If someone could just make an all stainless steel version of the Guard that could take half de blades, I would throw away 15 years of double edge, injector, shavette, etc wetshaving gear and ONLY use that! And I'm hoping deep down that this Broman is close to that imaginary razor.

Folks, I had an unfortunate accident with my Broman. After about the 4th shave, I closed the lid after putting a half blade in and... a portion of the facing came off. Emailed them a month ago with no response. Not good PR at all. I’ve not been game to shave with it since. Shame. I had enjoyed it up ’til then.
Anyone else with the same engineering or communication problem? I can tell you OneBlade responds within 48 hours.

Attachments

• 855B77ED-6CC4-4EE9-A125-8984AA675E46.jpeg
    855B77ED-6CC4-4EE9-A125-8984AA675E46.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 52
Never have tried the Guard, but I did have it in my cart for awhile out of curiosity, but never went through with it. I might have to check it out. I agree with Ivo4u2 in that the safety bar can be a pain in narrow areas. I am also curious about the plastic top and how long it will last.

Well I guess that answers my question on longevity, haha. Sorry to hear that Wal59 and that is frustrating that they have not responded at all to you. As a paying customer you deserve to be treated much better and get a new razor or a refund.

So far from several sources it looks like communication with bm is a Pia
And jup that plastic is my concern too. So far it survives but the question is how long.

Folks, I had an unfortunate accident with my Broman. After about the 4th shave, I closed the lid after putting a half blade in and... a portion of the facing came off. Emailed them a month ago with no response. Not good PR at all. I’ve not been game to shave with it since. Shame. I had enjoyed it up ’til then.
Anyone else with the same engineering or communication problem? I can tell you OneBlade responds within 48 hours.
Yikes! That's enough to make me concerned... I debated on buying one of these and now I'm not so sure... I'm sorry this happened. Did you buy on the Kickstarter or on the regular website??

Then I would definitely push the issue. Give them an ultimatum and if they don't respond, contest the charge on your credit card. That's more difficult when funded with a Kickstarter. Good luck. [emoji1696]

Yikes! That's enough to make me concerned... I debated on buying one of these and now I'm not so sure... I'm sorry this happened. Did you buy on the Kickstarter or on the regular website??

Kickstarter. I suppose they will get to me eventually but it irks after the wait to get the thing in the first place.

Top Bottom