What's new

Broken Scale

Hello Gents, Recently purchased a Dovo 5/8 Straight Razor (brand new). The handle (scale) is broken after 3 shaves. Looking for your recommendations on how to fix? or where to buy a new scale. Is it easy to buy a new scale and fix it?

Thanks

Here it is
$photo.jpg

I used gently! after one shave I noticed few cracks on both sides of the scale and after third shave it started to come apart. I always take great pride in keeping things look like new even after many years of use. This one just gave up in less then 5 days.

Legion

Staff member
Yes, that shouldn't have happened. Manufacturing fault, dont try to fix it yourself. Let us know the outcome.

Return to vendor for replacement. As others said, any attempt on your part to repair will probably void the warranty.

Looks to me like the pin was too tight from the factory. That would be a warranty matter. Scales sometimes get the tip broken off by using the scales as a handle while stropping instead of holding the shank and letting the scales go along for the ride. Razor scales serve to protect the edge and user from damage when not shaving and to balance the blade when shaving.

Hello Guys, contacted the seller I was told I'm out of options with the DOVO Best Quality Straight Razors. Also sent an email to the Dovo Rep and never got response.

Looking for someone that can install a new scale at a reasonable cost. Any recommendations, advise, or suggestions?

Regards

That stinks

Diy: look at the sticky

You can have custom made ones but that's kinda a waste on dovo best quality it'll cost around 80-100

Lastly you can buy cheap scales from whipped dog Straights or maggard razors and pin them yourself (YouTube and the sticky has directions) or send them to doc226 for honing and pinning or I can do it for you

I would love to have it rescaled by you. Will be sending PM with details.

That stinks

Diy: look at the sticky

You can have custom made ones but that's kinda a waste on dovo best quality it'll cost around 80-100

Lastly you can buy cheap scales from whipped dog Straights or maggard razors and pin them yourself (YouTube and the sticky has directions) or send them to doc226 for honing and pinning or I can do it for you

Top Bottom