What's new

Broken Barbasol : (

What will you do with the rest of the New Improved? Do you have an extra NI cap lying around? Do you know someone with a machine shop?

While I love all of my Barbasol razors, I would rather have a NI in my den than a Bakelite Barbasol.

Like I'd mutilate a functional razor : / I may be a Canadian but I'm not a savage :laugh: I don't have an extra NI cap... I have 2 ! The thread of this one is done for, there's just not enough metal left to screw properly(Doesn't screw at all), even the Teflon tape trick couldn't help it.

Last edited:
proxy.php

The only question I would have is whether a threading tool will fit between the posts.

I tried to pierce a hole at the center of the broken screw to put a small rod before triyng to glue it will J.B Weld, it fell to pieces... damn zamak crap.

Not my most elegant fix by a long shot but fully operational. If a zombie apocalypse were to happen, this baby would be ready.
Behold the Frankenbasol !

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I guess it's your razor. But, You could possibly silver solder the screw in place. Then grind down, and polish the cap.

The investment would cost more than the razor itself, i'd rather wait for a Barbasol Cap. Until I find a replacement, this will do just fine : )

Read it here now: the Cooper will not fit. I've tried it on two different Barbasol non-FH bakelite razors. The answer is: NO, NO, NO.

BTW, I like your fix. Do what works.

Thx for the Cooper info. Any idea if the Klenzo razor works ?

I like it too :D 28¢ for the brass screw, only the finest loll

Alas, the Klenzo is another dead-end. I tried that cap on two different non-FH Barbasols. No go.

2nd shave with the Barbasol, it went pretty well :D Might even get a permanent spot in my rotation. Agressive as always.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Not my most elegant fix by a long shot but fully operational. If a zombie apocalypse were to happen, this baby would be ready.
Behold the Frankenbasol !

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

2nd shave with the Barbasol, it went pretty well :D Might even get a permanent spot in my rotation. Agressive as always.

proxy.php

I'd say you "repair" ( not restore!) effort is well done and very functional. Isn't that what a razor's for........function???

Top Bottom