What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Brocha Semogue en tejón Silvertip premium con nudo 24/53mm edición 10º aniversario FOROAFEITADO

I’ve seen photos w no color in the lettering on the bottom - does the coloring signify something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a nice brush but the shape is the same as the 2013 BC limited edition brush. They could have designed something more unique for such a momentous occasion.

@MarsEnglish congratulations on your new brush.
I understand there's 2 versions - 2 band and silvertip. If yours is the 2 band, perhaps the difference is to mark the 2 versions of the brush?
@PACO GALAN got the silvertip according to the opening post.

Hi gents

It's a nice brush but the shape is the same as the 2013 BC limited edition brush. They could have designed something more unique for such a momentous occasion.
This Limited edition knot is bulb-y shaped. This is the first time Semogue produces a knot in this format and the differences are noticible during the shave, specially more backbone.

@MarsEnglish congratulations on your new brush.
I understand there's 2 versions - 2 band and silvertip. If yours is the 2 band, perhaps the difference is to mark the 2 versions of the brush?
@PACO GALAN got the silvertip according to the opening post.
The black lettering is not original. Both versions come without this.

Hi gents

This Limited edition knot is bulb-y shaped. This is the first time Semogue produces a knot in this format and the differences are noticible during the shave, specially more backbone.

The black lettering is not original. Both versions come without this.
Sounds like a nice knot!!

Thanks @Leon. For those who don't understand Spanish, Paco had responded that he did the lettering himself using a permanent marker. Did a good job, too.

Sounds like a nice knot!!
They're both great knots with distinct badger hairs.

Thanks @Leon. For those who don't understand Spanish, Paco had responded that he did the lettering himself using a permanent marker. Did a good job, too.
Some Spanish folks did this to the lettering, maybe to enhance the contrast of the lettering, but I like how they were made originally. We have been making the engraving without any colour, we like it this way.

I have had the 2 band finest number 19/50 for several weeks now and it is a superb brush. I also have the 2011 LE and the 2016 Foro Afeitado and I think the anniversary brush is just as good with the bulb knot and different handle shape offering a nice contrast for me. I have the 2018 TSN LE but it does not match up to these three in my opinion as it lacks a little density; that said again it provides a nice change. I have owned and sold many quality brushes but I will never part with these. The Semogue LE brushes are the biggest bargain in brushes in my opinion and I would gladly pay double the price for them. Here they are in my den.
20191103_072727.jpg

My 2/Band Finest has arrived too.
It's a great brush, I wouldn't have expected such a wonderful 2 bands.Beautiful softness but with a beautiful overall firmness and wonderful peeling.
Also this Finest is not to compare with the earlier Semogue LE's, this one is the best I ever bought.
An amazingly good shaving brush!
The Finest has a 50mm loft and is optimally tuned.

My 2/Band Finest has arrived too.
It's a great brush, I wouldn't have expected such a wonderful 2 bands.Beautiful softness but with a beautiful overall firmness and wonderful peeling.
Also this Finest is not to compare with the earlier Semogue LE's, this one is the best I ever bought.
An amazingly good shaving brush!
The Finest has a 50mm loft and is optimally tuned.

I agree completely, it is a superb brush. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. Nice photos by the way!