What's new

Bro-Brick Canadian Soap

My daughter brought me back a tin of Bro-Brick shave soap from a trip to Canada. I have gotten some nice shaves using it but I am finding it a real challenge to lather. My closest to success was with a virtually dry Maggard Synthetic and a few drops of water. In in between passes, I have had to go back and re-swirl it as it gets very airy. During a pass, the lather disappears from my face. It is a combination of oils that stays slick and gets a good final result. Face lathering is a little better. Tried with a Parker Badger and a Semogue Boar brush with less success. I'd like to use it more but the time it takes to get anything resembling good lather is prohibitive. My PDP 63 lathers nicely regardless of the brush. Has anyone had experience with this soap?

I hadn't ever heard of this. It looks like it doesn't have many ingredients, so it's possible that it won't make a big fluffy lather. I'm no expert, so just my thoughts on it.

You may get a clue by looking at the ingredients. In general, I prefer 'tallow' soaps. Some vegans are also very good but I need to check reviews carefully before trying anything vegan.

They list Canola oil,Palm oil.coconut oil, and sunflower oil. Some tallow would help. I can live with results but would not likely buy more. Thanks for the insights.

If I see a list that says olive oil as one of the main ingredients I won't buy the soap because it usually prevents the soap from lathering well. On the other hand, olive oil is very good for the skin.

Thanks for this. I continue to learn about these things I can get a nice shave with this so finishing the puck is not a big sacrifice.

Top Bottom