What's new

British Sterling Question

Thanks! Do you have any One Man Shows?
I did have the original. I liked it fine, but I found it close enough to Polo green, a favorite of mine, that I grabbed the Polo instead. Not the same really, just similar enough that I didn’t use it much. I am interested in the flankers. Which is your favorite?

I did have the original. I liked it fine, but I found it close enough to Polo green, a favorite of mine, that I grabbed the Polo instead. Not the same really, just similar enough that I didn’t use it much. I am interested in the flankers. Which is your favorite?
Oh, man, it's really hard to choose! First of all, I like them better than the original. Oud Edition is an almost evil smoky leather. Ruby is like Dunhill Desire Red or Polo Red on steroids. Gold Edition is like vanilla pipe tobacco and tons of leather. Emerald is really hard to find. I bought it from a guy who ordered it from Europe. It smells a lot like Gravity by Coty, sort of a fresh floral and leather concoction.

I would say if you like Polo, Gold Edition is a great one to start with. If you shop around, you can get it for $12.00. Scented Monkey had some testers for sale. Bogart Signature from the 70's is the closest to Polo, but it's not nearly as strong. It's really good but it fades.

Oh, man, it's really hard to choose! First of all, I like them better than the original. Oud Edition is an almost evil smoky leather. Ruby is like Dunhill Desire Red or Polo Red on steroids. Gold Edition is like vanilla pipe tobacco and tons of leather. Emerald is really hard to find. I bought it from a guy who ordered it from Europe. It smells a lot like Gravity by Coty, sort of a fresh floral and leather concoction.

I would say if you like Polo, Gold Edition is a great one to start with. If you shop around, you can get it for $12.00. Scented Monkey had some testers for sale. Bogart Signature from the 70's is the closest to Polo, but it's not nearly as strong. It's really good but it fades.
Thanks for the insight.

Thanks! Do you have any One Man Shows?
Not that you asked me, but...
I always steered clear Bogart scents, thinking they were just cheap knock-offs (eg. Polo), but now I realise I was so wrong and missed the boat on some really great scents. Apparently, their orientals from the 80's, De Viris and Furyo, were highly regarded. Stand-outs from the 90's were Witness, Eau Fresh and Force Majeure, but now you've got me intrigued by the new One Man Show special editions!
Am I right in thinking these are entirely new fragrances banked on the "One Man Show" name, or do you discern they are varietals of the original?
The first, Gold, was supposed to be a limited edition, in 2011, but I don't know about the others.

Not that you asked me, but...
I always steered clear Bogart scents, thinking they were just cheap knock-offs (eg. Polo), but now I realise I was so wrong and missed the boat on some really great scents. Apparently, their orientals from the 80's, De Viris and Furyo, were highly regarded. Stand-outs from the 90's were Witness, Eau Fresh and Force Majeure, but now you've got me intrigued by the new One Man Show special editions!
Am I right in thinking these are entirely new fragrances banked on the "One Man Show" name, or do you discern they are varietals of the original?
The first, Gold, was supposed to be a limited edition, in 2011, but I don't know about the others.
They supposedly have the "One Man Show DNA" but I think they are all pretty different. They're definitely original and fairly potent scents. I don't think any of them are limited editions, though. They're refreshing in that they are far bolder than modern scents are while still smelling very current to today's market. They all have a leather element to them. Gold is more of a tobacco scent, ruby is a play off of Desire Extreme and Polo Red Extreme, though it makes them look tame by comparison. Oud is an almost evil smoky leather. Emerald is actually the tamest of them all and is significantly more subtle.

I think Ruby and Oud get the highest praise from what I have read online. But I like all of them, including the original. They're not for everyone. OMS is something that people love or don't get at all. Fragrance people appreciate how daring they are. Snobby people look down on them as being too cheap and synthetic.

Top Bottom