What's new

British Gold Tuckaway Set - anybody seen one before?

Is there an Australian version of hoarders on TV over there we might catch you on an upcoming episode of?

Something better...
How about the next Bond film they show his collection for a brief
5 second cameo as Bond picks out his next razor? Now THAT would be cool.:001_cool:

Were you thinking of me? Speaking of checking in, who won that Norfolk set with box and sleeve???? Not me, I was runner up.

Yep, I was thinking it's you Justin, but did not want to jump the gun till you checked in! I did not bid on the Norfolk set either - I felt something did not add up but I may have been wrong.

So who did win this?

Survey says.....me.

Now the dreaded waiting game. I hate waiting for overseas items to come in, so while I wait I buy more items from the states to fill the void. Unfortunately I'm waiting on this item and two cased 66's to come in. Ones very minty.

But back to the case and shipper. The reason I bought it was because of the box and I remembered reading this post.

WOOT WOOT! Congratulations mate.

We can start our own very exclusive Brotherhood of the British Tuckaway users!

Mind you, if this turns out to be in nicer condition than mine I WILL have to kill you!

Just ask Porter, I've still not gotten over him beating me on a Cavalier set

WOOT WOOT! Congratulations mate.

We can start our own very exclusive Brotherhood of the British Tuckaway users!

Mind you, if this turns out to be in nicer condition than mine I WILL have to kill you!

Just ask Porter, I've still not gotten over him beating me on a Cavalier set

Wait, was there another Cavalier set on the bay after the one I won?

Recently? Recently? Nah, I hold a grudge well, it was a little while ago, see here :)

Stole it from me he did, bid more than me the #@^%$@#^%#@

Wow, your "anger" is fully justified mate! That cavalier set looks to be in impeccable condition and easily worth two or two and a half times what Porter paid! I paid 70$ more for a set whose case was not in that great a condition (but thankfully the correct case)!!

Pure evil :devil:.

+1

^^^^^ This, evil, pure evil - and then they go an make him a steward too! Like giving a kid the keys to the candy store really ...

Good. I can feel your anger. It gives you focus... makes you stronger.

$PalpatineShaving.jpg

Geeez. On top of his knowledge, hes also a Photoshop whiz. C'mon Mark you have to have something you hang over his head?

EDIT: It could be worse, he could have photoshopped the Cavalier razor in Palpatines hand

Last edited:
^^^^^ This, evil, pure evil - and then they go an make him a steward too! Like giving a kid the keys to the candy store really ...

Yeah, we should have a rule that says B&B stewards or their family members cannot collect shaving stuff..sort of like contest judges or their relatives cannot participate in the contest:sneaky2:

Geeez. On top of his knowledge, hes also a Photoshop whiz. C'mon Mark you have to have something you hang over his head?

EDIT: It could be worse, he could have photoshopped the Cavalier razor in Palpatines hand

Yeah, I could have. I was being lazy though... I literally only spent 10 minutes on that, using the Virna Lisi Esquire cover for the shaving cream, hand, and razor. Kinda scary how well it lined up, actually... Just masked it up and tweaked the color a bit, particularly on her hand.

$lois6.jpg

Back on topic kind of. Has anyone information on the box that looks like the one in the photos? Its a Tuckaway box, but says "Premium" on the side where it would say Tuckaway Gold. It also had some writing on the top in bold I havent seen before either. What do you think?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 38
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 38
elmerwood, the pattern on top of your "premium" Tuckaway case is different than a normal Tuckaway case. There was a similar Tuckaway that was covered here. Does the interior of your premium say "Tuckaway" or is it plain like the one in the thread I linked earlier? And is the serial number of this premium Tuckaway in the same range as the one in the other thread?

I don't have it yet,but it does say Tuckaway. I also have this Christmas set I'm assuming would have been in the "Premium" box as well. $IMG_20130519_072209_944.jpg

Top Bottom