What's new

British Gold Tuckaway Set - anybody seen one before?

Not at all: quite the contrary. From what I have read, Australia was deep in economic depression well before the rest of the world. They led the way!

That would be because we paid our debts to other nations, unlike some ...

Mind you, being China's open cut mine has worked well for us this time around.

That sounds like a good theory to me.

OK, settled then, unless somebody comes up with a better idea!

Still doesn't tell me if anybody else has one or has seen one :(

Received further info from seller:

'Sorry mate I purchased from a garage sale about 20 years ago.

It was the nephew who was selling everything including war medals I purchased this item to keep it going to the dump if it didn't sell. The son and father died and the inlaws wanted to clear the house... the medals had already sold along with all the discharge papers etc, some family members are very callous!!!!! didn't even get the name'

So it seems that avenue is a dead end :(

Try this theory. The razor was purchased in the 20's - 30's. The engraving was added when Pa passed on his or Grandpa's razor to his recently 'de-mobbed' son as a welcome home gift.

Try this theory. The razor was purchased in the 20's - 30's. The engraving was added when Pa passed on his or Grandpa's razor to his recently 'de-mobbed' son as a welcome home gift.

Possibly but I'm tending against that because while we value those sort of heirlooms I'm not sure many people do and the practice I would suggest would be unusual. Your son has come back from the war and you give him Grandpa's dirty old razor? I think you would be more likely to give him a new one.

Secondly the condition of the case and box suggests to me that it was relatively lightly used. Once again I would suggest a fancy new gift that was taken care of rather than an item that had seen 'normal' use.

Just my thoughts - can't be proven.

... and then there were two ...

Another of these sets turned up on eBay recently, see here. I hope another member got it!

... and then there were two ...

Another of these sets turned up on eBay recently, see here. I hope another member got it!

Not me, but sweet deal

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sweet take there Mark.Congrats! As for the history of it keep us posted. Whenever history come into play with you, Porter, Achim and others it's like reading yesterdays newspaper. Very enjoyable.

Had this on my watch list, didn't pay attention to the "Holder Made in England" in the shipper and so didn't even place a bid on it:mad3: But I have a hunch that it's a B&B'er who got it:001_smile Let's see if some one checks in and announces themselves!!

Sweet take there Mark.Congrats! As for the history of it keep us posted. Whenever history come into play with you, Porter, Achim and others it's like reading yesterdays newspaper. Very enjoyable.
Brandon, Mark did not win it, it was another person that he hoped was a B&B member.

Here is the bidders:

proxy.php
Member Id: 7***d
proxy.php
( 297
proxy.php
)
£48.5613-May-13 18:56:30 BST
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Member Id: o***u
proxy.php
( 658
proxy.php
)
£47.5612-May-13 12:31:40 BST
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Member Id: o***u
proxy.php
( 658
proxy.php
)
£45.0012-May-13 12:31:26 BST
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Member Id: 0***v
proxy.php
( 824
proxy.php
)
£38.8910-May-13 16:58:41 BST
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
( 824
proxy.php
)
£36.6610-May-13 16:57:59 BST
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Member Id: e***s
proxy.php
( 637
proxy.php
)
£35.9906-May-13 22:56:24 BST
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
( 824
proxy.php
)
£32.1310-May-13 16:56:42 BST
proxy.php
proxy.php
Starting price£19.9906-May-13 18:56:34 BST

Yes, merely the runner up me :(

So who did win this?

Survey says.....me.

Now the dreaded waiting game. I hate waiting for overseas items to come in, so while I wait I buy more items from the states to fill the void. Unfortunately I'm waiting on this item and two cased 66's to come in. Ones very minty.

But back to the case and shipper. The reason I bought it was because of the box and I remembered reading this post.

So who did win this?

Survey says.....me.

Now the dreaded waiting game. I hate waiting for overseas items to come in, so while I wait I buy more items from the states to fill the void. Unfortunately I'm waiting on this item and two cased 66's to come in. Ones very minty.

But back to the case and shipper. The reason I bought it was because of the box and I remembered reading this post.
Congrats are in order. I am glad that you won it.

Had this on my watch list, didn't pay attention to the "Holder Made in England" in the shipper and so didn't even place a bid on it:mad3: But I have a hunch that it's a B&B'er who got it:001_smile Let's see if some one checks in and announces themselves!!

Were you thinking of me? Speaking of checking in, who won that Norfolk set with box and sleeve???? Not me, I was runner up.

So who did win this?

Survey says.....me.

Hopefully the eBay member gives you good feedback and puts your good-feed count at 300 even...... eBay member
proxy.php
7***d
proxy.php
( 299
proxy.php
)

Top Bottom