What's new

British Gillette "rocket Hd" "500"

Got hold of three of these babies recently, mint condish NOS, with the instructions and all. Anyone cares to comment about shaving experience with these?

Attachments

• $IMG_1049.jpg
    $IMG_1049.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2,825
I shaved with one last week. Very smooth, like a 40's SS and a nice balance. I did wish the grip had a little more bite to the checkering, it seemed to get slippery after I got some soap on my hands.

Sweet shavers! I've got three including a mint one in the case. These things were smoking hot a few months back. Prices cooled when more and more started hitting Ebay and BSTs in the various forums. Undoubtedly one of the finest Gillettes I've ever used. Good solid performer.

One of the best Gillette ever made. Bought one from Ram and I absolutely love the shave. I like this version more than the double ring light weight version. Hefty and solidly built.

I have a couple of them and one is in my rotation. The Rocket is heavier then their American counterpart and for those who like a weighty razor that makes for a great shave. IMHO :001_smile

I just won this off the Swedish eBay site. Is it the same as the one in the OP? It was sold as a "Gillette #156#" (not sure if the number was taken from the razor/box/paper slip or if it was the seller's own numbering of auctions, though).

/Nicholas

I just won this off the Swedish eBay site. Is it the same as the one in the OP? It was sold as a "Gillette #156#" (not sure if the number was taken from the razor/box/paper slip or if it was the seller's own numbering of auctions, though).

/Nicholas

Nice catch! It is the same as referred to "500" model, not sure about the "156" (where did that come from?)

Thanks! I thought as much. And I have no idea where the "156" comes from.

Oh, and I'm pretty happy with the catch. Especially considering the price I got it for. :smile:

/Nicholas

Top Bottom