What's new

FS British Gillette NEWs (one RFB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have for sale today two British Gillette NEWs. These are both interesting, off-the-beaten path razors. Both have straight teeth with no handle cracks. Prices include CONUS shipping. Payment through Paypal please.

First up is a boxed 3-piece flat bottom. After consulting the Mr. Razor site, this razor looks identical to the one sold in the NEW Jewelry Set:

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The NEW/1930s NEW Jewelry Set England.JPG

This one is in a different box than the one shown on Mr. Razor's site and doesn't come with cuff links! It does have a plastic blade holder and three vintage Blue Gillette blades. I have no idea if the razor originally came in the box.

The finish on the top cap and bottom plate looks close to mint. I can see no flaws or signs of wear. The handle also looks good, but it has some flea bites on smooth areas. The knurling looks excellent. No brassing.

Asking $60 conus.

fb1.jpg
fb2.jpg
fb3.jpg
fb4.jpg

Next up is a replated 2-piece British Raised Flat Bottom. It is an interesting razor. It was apparently made for the French market, since it says "Importe d'Angleterre" (import from England) around the neck of the handle.

This razor looks exactly like a 1934 Gillette NEW Traveller No.4:
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The NEW/1934 NEW Traveler No4.JPG

It was originally plated in nickel and I had it replated in nickel. The replate turned out pretty well, but not perfect. The top cap and top side of the base plate look superb. And the handle is nice too, with a few imperfections of the original finish visible if you look closely. The underside the base plate came out slightly foggy looking. Not bad, but not perfect. I've tried to show this as best I can in the first picture below.

Also, the retaining ring on this razor is no longer in place. So the inner threaded tube comes out when you unscrew it all the way.

Like all RFBs, this is a very smooth, efficient shaver.

Asking $75 CONUS.
rfb2.jpg
rfb3.jpg
rfb4.jpg

Please let me know if you have any questions. If any of the NEWologists here have more info about these razors, please feel free to pipe in.

Thank you!

Attachments

• rfb1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
R

romsitsa

Hello,

the two piece is complete, it didn’t have retaining ring. There is a ring at the bottom of the handle, (like on a Superspeed), this holds the inner tube in place. It can wear out, but it can be fixed rather easily.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom