What's new

British Gillette experts, is this #58?

I scored this one today, I have been using all my google-fu to investigate what it is and my conclusion is that it is a British Gillette 58. Am I correct?
I can't find a lot about the 58 here on B&B what can you tell me about it? Thanks for looking and helping me to ID!

Looks like an excellent #58! Great score on a very well made and great razor is that particularly classy case.

Thanks for all your help!!! Looking forward to test how it shaves. Hope to get it in few days...

BTW, Can anybody tell me what the approx market price for the 58 is, I have seen 1 or 2 in the BST for around USD 120. Is that a good benchmark? I know that it will vary from time to time but a rough estimation?

Thanks.

Last edited:
A "rough estimation" would be round about £80. Although an example in really good condition could make over a £100, on a good day. Is that close to what you paid??

A "rough estimation" would be round about £80. Although an example in really good condition could make over a £100, on a good day. Is that close to what you paid??

Not close at all, I'm happy to see that I made a good deal. I paid £23 + £2 shipping.
I have no intention to sell it on to make profit, I'm happy to see that I will have such a valuable razor in my rotation :biggrin1:

There were two #58; I have one of each. One is a Aluminum version that is quite light (weight on Mr Razors site) and the other was a heavier one. You will know which one it is straight away as soon as you pick it up.

It looks like the heavier version because try as I may I cannot get the Aluminum version to shine as well as the heavier plated one.

Nice score, one of my favorite razors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom