What's new

British flare tip rocket, mild razor?

Hi, i just shaved last night with a british flare tip rocket for the first time (found it in an antique store not long ago). I seem to not have had as close a shave as with my merkur 38C or the other razor i found, 1910 canadian gillette smooth ball OC. I thought it held water in the head too, which dropped on my hands while shaving. Wasn't too fond of the shave actually... I'll give it another try for sure but anyone else experienced this and is it milder?

Thanks for the feed-back!

I have a flare tip Rocket too and it definitely is the mildest razor in my den. Together with a flare tip superspeed, which shaves identical to me.
I too have a 38C and I certainly get closer shaves from that one.

But I do like my Rocket very much, I'm always sure to get an irritation free shave with it. It doesn't require as much attention as some other DE's do.

That is true, i do feel less irritation today. That is why i want to give it another try. I didn't spend much on it so it's worth a try, and if ever it doesn't find a spot in my rotation, i can always sell it i guess. Thanks for the info :)

What blade did you use? I have a German Rocket and it works very well with Feathers. In my experience all mild razors works very well with sharper blades.

I used an Astra SP in there. I will try with the feather though, that might help, thanks for the heads up!

Top Bottom