What's new

British Bakelite ID Please

M. J. Clark; Someone has said that the hallmark British Made appears primarily Post-War. That has been my experience with British car items, but it will vary even with the same maker. God Bless! Happy Easter! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown $King Dick Makers Mark Reverse Stamp.jpg$MG King Dick Spoke Key.jpg

M. J. Clark; Grace's Guide for British Industry places King Dick as being founded in 1856, so it has had a substantial role in the British tool industry as did Shelley. The screw type jack dates to 1969. The wire wheel nipple wrench to the 1950's. Wire wheels were found on bicycle and motorcycles, definitely Pre-War of course, and on sports cars around 1930. I am thinking that you are right- it was a matter of die stamp space as much as it was maker's prerogative- WW I and WWII had really nothing to do with it. My experiences have been with post WWII examples, so that does not even come close to validating the practice for manufacturing methinks. What you have said certainly makes sense to me! Happy Easter! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Sorry for revival.

It looks like they were made by Roanoid plastics ltd, who also made G.B.S brand plastic razors. A post WW2 budget version of the G.B.S for dept stores maybe?

British made ones could come from the Glasgow factory.

Top Bottom