What's new

British Aristocrat Collection

Wow...you learn something new everyday...I hadn't even seen a popular till now and I thought I'd been doing my research. Are they particularly rare or something?

I think they are rare:

proxy.php

Does anyone know which way you need to turn the screw on the inside of one of these to open it? I have a somewhat messed up 15 I'd love to try to fix and clean a little, so I wanna try to open it up.
I just can't figure out which way to turn the screw to open it. A fatboy turns counter clockwise, an SS turns clockwise, what does a 15 do?

So would you say that rhodium never has any tarnish, and that if there is tarnish the razor is silver-plated? Seems that all my "rhodium-plated" razors show tarnish when cleaned with Maas or Flitz but I just figured it was a result of age and moisture exposure.

Would be interesting if there were some exacting method for determining whether the plating is rhodium or silver. Any suggestions?

When my mother-in-law passed, my wife wanted to have some silverware appraised. The jeweler said he could eyeball it, but to be absolutely certain, he would have to take a sample and check for reactivity. We elected to go with the "eyeball" method.

Yea actually. Got lucky on the bay. The only thing is that it's pretty dirty, so I just hope I can clean it up

Beautiful! I am holding off collecting these European beauties because of their rarity (and expense) on this side of the Atlantic. But they are magnificent to behold (I feel my will weakening!)

Top Bottom