What's new

Brit Crat 2nd vs 3rd Gen ID?

Without the case, how can you tell a 2nd Gen Brit Crat from a 3rd, if they have the same numbers (No. 430,030) on a flat bottom base plate?
Thanks

The 2nd gen has to non-knurled bands on each end of the handle, has no end caps - and the 3rd gen weighs in at 82 grams where the 2nd gen weighs in at ca 75 grams :thumbup1:

Great photo by mr-razor to show the visual difference:

BF186CA0-A3C5-4E32-9A2E-D31D35F143DE.jpeg

First and second are very easy to spot, but without seeing the bottom plate it's kinda hard sometimes to tell if a razor is 3rd or 4th gen, since afaik that's the only thing that gives it away.

First and second are very easy to spot, but without seeing the bottom plate it's kinda hard sometimes to tell if a razor is 3rd or 4th gen, since afaik that's the only thing that gives it away.
True. Luckily I saw a picture of the FB baseplate 👍🏻
1638289873311.png

Yup - and the weight though. The 4th gen also weighs in at only ca 75 grams.

True, but I was talking about distinguishing both 3rd and 4th gen. just by looking at pictures without seeing the bottom plates. The other thing is that for whatever reason, the 4th gen. has a much better grip on the handle and the grip of my 2nd and 3rd gen. is almost non existent and I suspect that the first gen. will also have a similar handle pattern.

Top Bottom