What's new

Bringing out an old friend .....

I have been enjoying the products of some amazingly talented artisan soap makers over the past many months, getting exceptionally fine shaves with various Stirling, Ariana & Evans, RazoRock, Trumpers,
Haslinger, Maca Root, and TOBS soaps and creams.
But for this evening's shave, I reached to the back of my cabinet drawer and pulled out my tube of Proraso Green. This is one of the first products I ever used when I began my "wet shaving journey" almost three years ago, and have "sort of" forgotten all about it as my fascination with the artisans started to take hold.
And, my fine gentlemen friends, I have to tell you ..... this Proraso Green is still one terrific cream.
Bowl lathered with my Elite Manchurian, it achieved a rich, smooth, thick, creamy lather, and enabled me to enjoy a beautiful BBS shave.
Yes indeed, bringing out "an old friend" was truly a pleasure !

IMG_3916.jpg

Nice Lather! Visiting an old friend is often a path to peacefulness and joy.

Uhhh...that ended up sounding like a Confucius quote. :chinese:

Nice. My old friend is godrej though. In fact I just went to little india in singapore to buy 2 tubes for 2 sgd each; a menthol and a rich foam.

I just wish I can get proraso here too. I mean, they sell everything by omega so why not proraso? They're all one big happy italian family.

7156954473_23b8196dc3_c.jpg

I will taking the same old friend Proraso Green tube on a three week vacation next week. It packs well, lathers even better and is a pleasure to shave with daily while away from the dozen other soaps back home. With that said, I will welcome a change after 3 weeks of the same soap! Great post @Adam18

It's good to get reacquainted with a good product. On another point, I'm not familiar with all the soap makers you mention, but several of those I do know aren't what I'd describe as artisan. A few have been around for a great many decades, and sell a large volume of products all around the world.

Thank you all so much for your enthusiastic replies !
Just another reason why our B&B is such a wonderful on-line community !

Top Bottom