What's new

Bring back?

What you see here, is that Gillette is losing market share to other cartridge manudacturers, like Personna or Dorco. Patents expired on the older cartridges, but many people still have those handles. Personna and Dorco jump on that, with "house branded" replacement cartridges.

As an example, HEMA sells these Personnas for €3. That is 30 cents per cartridge.

proxy.php

Still more expensive than buying them online, but I think you should support B&M shops. The HEMA DE blades (also Personna) are 20 cents per blade, btw. Not much cheaper than the twin carts.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I don't want modern Gillette to do anything. Between the vintage razors and new producers like ATT and Weber, were getting quality products. I doubt modern Gillette would know or care about quality. :001_unsur

They're well aware of the numbers, otherwise known as sales. Money talks, B.S. walks. Ever watch Shark Tank? A lot of the hopefuls come in and talk about all the glowing feedback they've received about their product or business. None of the investors care, unless the sales back it up. No sales = no dice. As far as Gillette is concerned, I have no doubt that unless the sales indicate there's money to be made in DEs or other traditional shaving accoutrements, Gillette will likely view the pro-DE FB chatter as fringe enthusiasm, and will pay it little, if any, mind.

I would love to see the News and Old Style done in stainless steel, with a long handle. I would pay $150-$200.

Hema=Blood...not a great name for razor blades. :001_tt2:

What you see here, is that Gillette is losing market share to other cartridge manudacturers, like Personna or Dorco. Patents expired on the older cartridges, but many people still have those handles. Personna and Dorco jump on that, with "house branded" replacement cartridges.

As an example, HEMA sells these Personnas for €3. That is 30 cents per cartridge.

proxy.php

Still more expensive than buying them online, but I think you should support B&M shops. The HEMA DE blades (also Personna) are 20 cents per blade, btw. Not much cheaper than the twin carts.

proxy.php

Even though we live in a golden age of wet shaving with the power of being able to browse many shave forums, buy a wide variety of products from many great online vendors, there are many great products that have given up the ghost.

I would love to see 50-60's era Williams soap, Yardley, Tallow 3-T's return. Irridium, Schick Super Platinum blades would be nice too. Yet I'm not too upset as I still have more choices of excellent shave products, than any generation of wet shavers in history.

Even though we live in a golden age of wet shaving with the power of being able to browse many shave forums, buy a wide variety of products from many great online vendors, there are many great products that have given up the ghost.

I would love to see 50-60's era Williams soap, Yardley, Tallow 3-T's return. Irridium, Schick Super Platinum blades would be nice too. Yet I'm not too upset as I still have more choices of excellent shave products, than any generation of wet shavers in history.

+1

Though I have a stash of both, I'd like to see Irisch Moos soap and Spoiler blades available.

I'd pay $15-20 for the Moos and .50 for the Spoilers.

+1

Though I have a stash of both, I'd like to see Irisch Moos soap and Spoiler blades available.

I'd pay $15-20 for the Moos and .50 for the Spoilers.

Agreed, Spoilers or Gillette super stainless blades as they are sometimes known, would be a bargain at 50 cents. I can't believe how smooth and long lasting they are. No one makes blades like those today.

proxy.php

Tesco's are giving away the above Personna dual blade carts for 87 pence per pack as they are being discontinued.

I would personally wish to see the return of Injectors and Yardley Tallow (or the equivalent) shaving soap.

My hands down favorite SC was Tom's of Maine mint. So I'd like to see it back.

Also, Old Spice briefly made an alcohol-free version of their aftershave. Wasn't quite a balm, but more of an AS milk. Loved that stuff.

Beerman

Software: old spice soap.
Hardware: obviously there are a few, but more modern injector razors. More mid price range.

Top Bottom