What's new

Bring back?

Klar Kabinett. Not forever, just long enough to buy/try it. It always intrigued me, but for some reason I missed that particular train. : )

2011 R41, Platinum Chrome injectors, Personna 74 injectors, adjustable Injector razors, more SE blades, and Fat Boys. I miss brass adjustable DE's.

I'm always harping on this and I know they only made a canned goo but I really wish Gillette would bring back the Wikd Rain fragrance if only in an AS.

Old Spice Mugs. Although they are plentiful on ebay, they are getting pricy. They are just right for all but the largest of brushes.

Mennen had a scent of Skin Bracer called Irish Moss. I still have enough for one or two applications. The current product with the nearly same name, Irisch Moos, isn't much like it at all.

I like cartridge razors and when I've attempted to go back to DE, I'm only reminded of why I moved away from them. More reasonably priced cartridges that really work as well would be nice.

Was it Wild Moss or Irish Moss ??

Old Spice Mugs. Although they are plentiful on ebay, they are getting pricy. They are just right for all but the largest of brushes.

Mennen had a scent of Skin Bracer called Irish Moss. I still have enough for one or two applications. The current product with the nearly same name, Irisch Moos, isn't much like it at all.

I like cartridge razors and when I've attempted to go back to DE, I'm only reminded of why I moved away from them. More reasonably priced cartridges that really work as well would be nice.

I'd like to see the Gillette 40's Aristocrat come back, and the mid-50's flair tip SuperSpeed as well.

Also the Aqua Velva Ice Balm. A superb ASB, and I could never understand why those dolts running Combe discontinued it. Then again, they are the same idiots that reformulated William Shave Soap.

-- John Gehman

Penhaligion and AOS tallow soaps.

Vintage Antaeus, Kourous, Egoist, tambarome, etc.... All the frags that lost something due to the crazy European regulations.

+1 on the Gillette DE razors, at least offer the tech for entry level, maybe the super speed for the moderate level, and either the slim or super adjustable. Maybe even a open comb like the new as a luxury level razor.

+1 old spice, really all the long gone products, soaps cream, aftershaves made as they were and available along with everything else old spice makes now, not special order through websites.

+1 Old Spice. I am hopeful that P&G, owners of the Old Spice brand might one day bring back the Old Spice shaving soap and cup. P&G has been hugely successful in recent years at bringing the old spice brand back into market relevance but more importantly, marketing Old spice today to a young demographic.

I doubt we will ever see Gillette do anything to promote a traditional shaving revival as far as DE blades and Razors are concerned. The margins on cartridges and their market share hold of the shaving market are just too great to ever give up. If Traditional shaving ever returns to mainstream, I think it will be the software (soap and brush) and not hardware that would ultimately be successful.

Software: Old Spice after shave gel. $10
Hardware: Gillette long handled black beauty. There are plenty around, but it's virtually impossible to get them replated because of the handle construction. $75

+1 Old Spice. I am hopeful that P&G, owners of the Old Spice brand might one day bring back the Old Spice shaving soap and cup. P&G has been hugely successful in recent years at bringing the old spice brand back into market relevance but more importantly, marketing Old spice today to a young demographic.

I doubt we will ever see Gillette do anything to promote a traditional shaving revival as far as DE blades and Razors are concerned. The margins on cartridges and their market share hold of the shaving market are just too great to ever give up. If Traditional shaving ever returns to mainstream, I think it will be the software (soap and brush) and not hardware that would ultimately be successful.

I couldn't agree more. Gillette has a facebook page. You can go there and provide them feedback. I offered some advice on Sunday and received a nice response back as well. It never hurts to try. The more DE shaver who visit their F.B. page lets them know our numbers are growing.

The more DE shaver who visit their F.B. page lets them know our numbers are growing.

They're well aware of the numbers, otherwise known as sales. Money talks, B.S. walks. Ever watch Shark Tank? A lot of the hopefuls come in and talk about all the glowing feedback they've received about their product or business. None of the investors care, unless the sales back it up. No sales = no dice. As far as Gillette is concerned, I have no doubt that unless the sales indicate there's money to be made in DEs or other traditional shaving accoutrements, Gillette will likely view the pro-DE FB chatter as fringe enthusiasm, and will pay it little, if any, mind.

Top Bottom