What's new

Brian Brown vs Koraat Razor

Is it hard to use that because you have so many 4/8 and 5/8 heljestrand and another swedish razor ? This is way bigger !
I must confess that I do have razors as large and larger (even a Swedish one) topped by a wedge Rigarazor. What I never have had is a full bellied hollow with such a visible belly. It has intrigued me, and after the first shave it still does. The Böker Elite is what comes closest in my modest collection.

Nice. Did you pay for the extra hollowing Arne?
No It was in the package price. That's another interesting aspect. With this razor Koraat has a very strong answer to the offerings of Thiers Issard, Wacker and top of the line Aust and Böker razors. The reason to why I bought this one now was that I was able to squeeze it into the outer boundary of what I'm willing to pay for a razor. I really believe that Koraat has a winner here.

No It was in the package price. That's another interesting aspect. With this razor Koraat has a very strong answer to the offerings of Thiers Issard, Wacker and top of the line Aust and Böker razors. The reason to why I bought this one now was that I was able to squeeze it into the outer boundary of what I'm willing to pay for a razor. I really believe that Koraat has a winner here.
Oh, what I meant is that when you do a Custom 14-2, you can select an option to have the razor extra hollowed for $15.

I went for it just to see what it would be like.

Oh, what I meant is that when you do a Custom 14-2, you can select an option to have the razor extra hollowed for $15.

I went for it just to see what it would be like.
I didn't see that one when I ordered. Anyhow I'd say that even without the extra option it is even thinner than the Filarmonica 14, that I guess it's inspired by. I do recall that the golden Koraat sign on the scale was extra though.

I didn't see that one when I ordered. Anyhow I'd say that even without the extra option it is even thinner than the Filarmonica 14, that I guess it's inspired by. I do recall that the golden Koraat sign on the scale was extra though.
I'll let you know how the extra hollowed blade does. I'll probably compare it to my EPBD 14.

As an aside, I asked Ulrik if he had green transparent scales. He did not, but turns out he went out and ordered some.

I think the seafoam color looks great.
proxy.php

Nice razors gentleman! I got my order in on Friday and that begins my 7 week wait. I’m going with the transperant red neon scales which should be nice.

4AC49D72-1B51-4EB5-9600-73ED6B07BF12.jpeg
Maiden voyage for the Koraat today. Briefly...the sharpest razor I have ever used. Period. This is NOT a blade for rookies. No other way to put it. As @Slash McCoy referred to the concept earlier.
“Scary science fiction horror movie sharp”. This is it.
A quick and nimble Katana this is not.
This is Balmung. A broadsword of a blade having epic proportions. Huge, yet easy to manipulate. I love it. Workmanship is simply perfect. Balance spot on. And it looks good too. Save up. Buy one. If you are a Journeyman straight razor guy, this will immediately find its way to the top of your collection. If you do not posess Journeyman skills...wait a while. Your face will thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom