What's new

Brent Berkeley razors

The marketing blurb on their site sounds a bit fishy or not well translated.
You will get a brass? Razor with sandalwood/mahogany? grip for a mere 80.00 bucks…

I would love to see a pic of the disassembled razor, the geometry looks a bit like a Tech but something is off.

80.00 will buy you at least 2 nice Fatips, a stainless Mühle Rocca or an Adjustable like a Pearl Flexi or Progress.

Brass & Zebrano for 40.00
5D05B0C9-042A-47AA-A6AF-318932F7AC6D.jpeg

The marketing blurb on their site sounds a bit fishy or not well translated.
You will get a brass? Razor with sandalwood/mahogany? grip for a mere 80.00 bucks…

I would love to see a pic of the disassembled razor, the geometry looks a bit like a Tech but something is off.

80.00 will buy you at least 2 nice Fatips, a stainless Mühle Rocca or an Adjustable like a Pearl Flexi or Progress.
Was thinking the same. That's why I was wondering if anyone had ever used one. They do look interesting. I recently ordered a Fatip and am waiting on it.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Brent Berkeley is an internet business based in the Netherlands. They sell goods mainly sourced in Asia and rebadges them in their own name.

Don't know about their DE razor but their traditional SR reminds me a lot of a Gold Dollar (rebadged). Perhaps @Slash McCoy can enlighten you more.

Their cheaper strop is reviewed here.

I don't think it is from the GD factory, no. The spine is too thick, and the huge metal spacer is too thick. Bevel angle looks to be about 22° to 24°, somewhere around there. Worse than a ZY. The reviews look pretty fishy. I have no doubt that the razor or RSO as the case may be, is made in China, but I don't believe Gold Dollar had a hand in it. I could be wrong. If it were a GD, then it would be severely overpriced. I wouldn't waste my time, let alone my money, on anything this guy has for sale. Really. Check out his "About" page. Pretty bogus. Makes Col. Conk a genuine equestrian statue worthy historical figure, by contrast. Here's a comical little gem: "When Brent fought in the war and lost his combat knife, he resorted to his straight razor as means of survival." LOL!

Save your money. Get a decent shave-ready vintage from a trusted seller known to, and respected by, the community, and not just some guy who says his product is the bee's knees and his edges can cleave molecules in twain. Or buy a whole bouquet of Gold Dollars, and some lapping film and knock yourself out. I suspect his DE razor is similarly overpriced, BTW, and pretty sure his shavette offering isn't the deal of the century, either.

DISCLAIMER: I haven't and never will use his products, so no first hand knowledge, and so I could be wrong.

Brent Berkeley is an internet business based in the Netherlands. They sell goods mainly sourced in Asia and rebadges them in their own name.

Don't know about their DE razor but their traditional SR reminds me a lot of a Gold Dollar (rebadged). Perhaps @Slash McCoy can enlighten you more.

Their cheaper strop is reviewed here.
Thanks... the more I look at them the more likely I am to pass on their products.

Anyone have any experience with Brent Berkeley razors?
I know this thread was started in 2021, but I ordered a Brent Berkeley in Dec (arrived by now but I have not shaven with it). In the ole’ arm hair test — wow — this is not marketing hype. The razor is extraordinarily sharp. OK, OK o haven’t tried it on my face yet, but after a potential stroping I’d be willing to bet this is dang sharp as a Dovo.

Anyone with recent experiences of a B.B. straight razor?

I have the BB sandalwood handle DE which has the Baili DB176 head. -Great looking razor, but the handle is a bit too heavy and slippery for me.

Their SR is from the GD factory. Again nicely finished, with no protruding stabilizer, but the quality of the steel to hold a honed 'edge' could be better compared to the 'edge' my 'singing' Thiers Issard razor takes and holds, albeit it is a bit more expensive with better quality steel.

Top Bottom