What's new

Breakthrough SOTD!

By the way, how does the white soap smell?
Not my favourite, but it's ... okay.
The full product name is "Proraso White Shaving Soap for Sensitive Skin with Green Tea and Oatmeal".
Ingredients are:
Aqua (water), Stearic Acid, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Lactic Acid, Parfum (fragrance), Menthol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxymethylgycinate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Citral Limonene, Linalool, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Thymus vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Extract, Etidronic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA.​

I think all of those items in bold contribute to the scent (and some have other functions too).
Conspicuously absent from the listed ingredients is any sign of Oats (Avena sativa) or Green Tea (Camellia sinensis), unless it's part of the "Parfum" recipe.

I suppose it does smell somewhat like green tea with a bit of menthol and mint (from the Thyme).

Not my favourite, but it's ... okay.
The full product name is "Proraso White Shaving Soap for Sensitive Skin with Green Tea and Oatmeal".
Ingredients are:
Aqua (water), Stearic Acid, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Lactic Acid, Parfum (fragrance), Menthol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxymethylgycinate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Citral Limonene, Linalool, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Thymus vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Extract, Etidronic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA.​

I think all of those items in bold contribute to the scent (and some have other functions too).
Conspicuously absent from the listed ingredients is any sign of Oats (Avena sativa) or Green Tea (Camellia sinensis), unless it's part of the "Parfum" recipe.

I suppose it does smell somewhat like green tea with a bit of menthol and mint (from the Thyme).
Now that’s an in depth response!

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

I’m pleased to see that it has some menthol in it, as I had been wanting to try a product with menthol!

I just tried the proraso red preshave smells great and adds some slickness. I've got the proraso green shave soap and a set of 3 what the puck razorock soaps as well to try. I'll try the proraso green soap with the preshave tommorow. Hopefully I dont spend anymore money for a while lol...

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

I just tried the proraso red preshave smells great and adds some slickness. I've got the proraso green shave soap and a set of 3 what the puck razorock soaps as well to try. I'll try the proraso green soap with the preshave tommorow. Hopefully I dont spend anymore money for a while lol...

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk
Good to hear! I’ve never tried a preshave of any kind, so I’m looking forward to trying out the Proraso! I’m glad you had such a positive experience with it.

As I mentioned I have had the pleasure of using all three preshaves, the green is my favorite for the summer, and the red is my favorite for the fall/winter.

I like heavier scents in the fall and winter, and lighter more clean scents for the summer, the green line from Proraso has the most menthol in it by far. The white doesn't have as much as the green, and the red preshave has none in it. And or I can't smell and or feel any menthol in it.

I do notice with Proraso though that the scents are stronger from the tub of soap rather then the squeezable tube. I don't know why, but that's just my opinion of course, as I maybe completely wrong on that. I also have the white aftershave balm, which has a nice lime smell to it, great for the summer, no alcohol either, so if you are looking for something with no burn, that's a great option for you.

As I mentioned I have had the pleasure of using all three preshaves, the green is my favorite for the summer, and the red is my favorite for the fall/winter.

I like heavier scents in the fall and winter, and lighter more clean scents for the summer, the green line from Proraso has the most menthol in it by far. The white doesn't have as much as the green, and the red preshave has none in it. And or I can't smell and or feel any menthol in it.

I do notice with Proraso though that the scents are stronger from the tub of soap rather then the squeezable tube. I don't know why, but that's just my opinion of course, as I maybe completely wrong on that. I also have the white aftershave balm, which has a nice lime smell to it, great for the summer, no alcohol either, so if you are looking for something with no burn, that's a great option for you.
Thanks for the info - I can see that I've got a lot to learn. I'm looking forward to trying out the white soap and pre/post cream first, then I'll go from there... At least Proraso is one of the soaps that I have found locally, so that makes things a lot easier!

I’m jealous that you can find proraso locally. I’m relagated to buying things online, so I have to plan accordingly. It’s easy to miss judge it and run out of preshave.

I’m jealous that you can find proraso locally. I’m relagated to buying things online, so I have to plan accordingly. It’s easy to miss judge it and run out of preshave.
Yeah, it’s one of the very few items that I can find locally, so I’m hoping I really like it!

Lucky 13 shave, huh? Congrats on finding a really simple setup that does wonders for you.
Feather blades can be excellent with the right prep and thick stubble poses no problem. Just treat them always with respect. I myself have a stash of about 55 of them. Don't use them too often because I usually don't need such a sharp blade.

Lucky 13 shave, huh? Congrats on finding a really simple setup that does wonders for you.
Feather blades can be excellent with the right prep and thick stubble poses no problem. Just treat them always with respect. I myself have a stash of about 55 of them. Don't use them too often because I usually don't need such a sharp blade.
As a daily shaver, I have also found Feathers to be unecessarily sharp. Since starting this thread almost 5 months ago, I have pretty well landed on Astra Superior Platinum blades as my go-to; they are sharp enough to give me a nice close shave, but also smooth enough to be nice and comfortable day after day!

Top Bottom