What's new

Breakouts no more

Previously, I was experiencing bad breakouts after shaving. It didn't matter what soap or cream I used, DE, cartridge razor, or electric, how long I soaked my beard, hot water or cold, alcohol-based aftershave or non-alcohol... I always got red bumps that eventually turned into pimples.

So for the past two weeks, I decided to try something different and my breakouts have almost entirely stopped.

First, I have stopped washing my face. Before, I was washing my face with an acne control face wash every morning before my shave and every night before bed. Now, I just let warm water run over my beard area in the shower before I shave in the morning and before bed I just wipe any excess oil from my face with a washcloth and warm water.

Second, I have started waiting at least 20-30 minutes after I get out of bed before showering and shaving. For lack of a better word, it seems like my face is more "swollen" and apt to breaking out for the first half hour after I get up. I just have breakfast before I shower now, so no big deal.

Shaving already exfoliates the skin and, since I'm using a good quality soap (Mama Bear's), it also cleans my face as well. I follow up my shave with a good moisturizer and I'm all set.

I hope that sharing what worked for me can help some of the guys out there that are having similar issues. :001_smile

Interesting post. What about your T-zone though? If I were to stop washing my face I would break out all over my forehead and bridge of my nose and thereabouts.

I'm not about to take the brush and start cleaning my forehead after a shave. How do you go about it?

I'm not about to take the brush and start cleaning my forehead after a shave. How do you go about it?

Good question. Actually, when I shampoo my hair, I use a bit and go over the forehead area, just to get it nice and clean, and a bit on the nose. Maybe not the best method, but it works for me.

Top Bottom