What's new

Breakfast Taco's

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
This morning I prepared bacon, egg, potato, refried bean, and cheese tacos.
I made the dough last night and rolled out the tortillas this morning.
And of course; homemade salsa!!

I am only 7 miles from the US/Mexico border
Its in my blood!!!

ftfy-Aaron

Hah I have lived in San Benito and in Brownsville. That's just the way we ate. But I never liked chorizo.

My no-cook recipe... Wolf chili, crushed doritos, shredded cheddar, pico de gallo or Pace. Roll and munch. Sort of a walkabout frito pie.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I have lived in both those places and still have family in both. It's a smal world

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Chorizo hash breakfast taco's :thumbup:

$image.jpg$image.jpg

I used to make huevos rancheros, but its been so long that I forget what I put in them. I think its a soft corn tortilla, fried egg, cheese and salsa. It could have other ingredients.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Saturday morning we made shrimp and scrambled egg breakfast tacos with homemade pico. Sorry, the pictures were so good I ate them too.

Last edited:
I dunno if it counts, but one of my regular meals now has been ground grass fed beef or bison, eggs scrambled with onions, bell pepper and mushrooms, dressed with avocado or cheese and wrapped up in either a low carb tortilla or Joseph's flat wraps. Check out the Joseph's wraps if you can, one of my secret weapons on a lower carb diet.

Chorizo and egg is #1. Nopal and egg #2. I’ll even cook up some mushrooms in green salsa and eat that with cheese in a corn Tortilla.

martym

Grandma used to make nopales, tomato, onion and egg tacos. So good!

martym

Yup!! I crave micas from time to time.
We never even knew we were poor!!

The wife is from San Antonio so we are not strangers to breakfast tacos.

I love a good barbacoa taco for breakfast (with onion, cilantro, avocado and chicharrones).

Eggs, papas, cheese and Kilobassa brand sausage will do as well.

Heck anything, really. One would have to try really hard to screw up a breakfast taco!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The wife is from San Antonio so we are not strangers to breakfast tacos.

I love a good barbacoa taco for breakfast (with onion, cilantro, avocado and chicharrones).

Eggs, papas, cheese and Kilobassa brand sausage will do as well.

Heck anything, really. One would have to try really hard to screw up a breakfast taco!
Oh, I've seen some mighty messed up breakfast tacos in my days. Even here in Texas. The worst are at the farmers market (they're farmers not chef's) and the time I had a trip to Colorado for business. The tortilla's were made in 1972 and couldn't tell if the eggs were real. They're salsa was tomato juice or something. The mom and pop shops produce the best...yeah try and think better than an Exxon or Texaco. I'm making them tomorrow morning...we'll see.

Country sausage and egg, or churiso and potato. Nothing more nothing less! 3 for $2.98. Part of the reason I love Texas.

Top Bottom